Archived Topic

SDSU

by vancouvercougar · 1/24/2011

Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
I haven't seen the Aztecs this year. What can we anticipate this week against them? How do our strengths match up against them? What if any weaknesses do the Aztecs have?
G
Gunk
Saw them play Utah and wasn't impressed. They didn't shoot well and their win against Utah had more to do with Utah's ineptness than SDUS's talent.



Kawhi is good, though I wasn't overtly impressed with him. For all the talk about him being an NBA player he certainly didn't seem like it to me.
C
Cougarbib
If you click "Other Teams" there is also a BYU page. WHen you read these analyses, you would think we should pray that Fredette and home court pull off a miracle or just surrender now. Bigs is highlighted as what will determine the game and then - that is painted as hopeless for BYU. BYU bigs can hold close enough - unless Davies and Hartsock foul out - which could well happen.



I would say surrender - but I think they forgot about Emery in the analysis and even KC could step up and contribute.



This game - has me worried. We would be nuts to not be worried. Hopefully Jimmer will drive the lane all night, draw fouls, and nail his shots while Davies, Hartsock, KC, Emery, and others make SDSU pay everytime they sag off one of them. It will come down to outside shooting for BYU and JImmer layups andf FT shooting to offset a clear SDSU post advantage considering SDSU depth.
Y
YBrit
I've seen parts of 3 games and every time thought BYU will win by 10-15 points. Now I think BYU will win by 15-20.
Advertisement
B
bouteloua
I agree with bib, if Hartsock and Davies get in foul trouble, we can be in trouble. But, Jimmer can win any game any where for us if he's on. Im feeling 70/30 for a Y win.
C
CougarClaw
I want this to be the first time Jimmer gets over 30 on a HOME court game. Just happens that everyone else is shooting the ball so darn well, he feels like he has to spread it around... the nerve of some people...

















TIC...
S
SpiffCoug
JImmer got 36 vs Utah last year.



We're going to play a lot of zone. 1) It should help us stay out of foul trouble. 2) SDSU is a poor outside shooting team. It's how we beat them twice last year.
V
vancouvercougar
Will the MWC refs play fair? (make up for the DiLuigi not-fumble?)
B
bcsbuster
IS the Game going to be a white out?
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
bcsbuster wrote:
IS the Game going to be a white out?

Every bball game is supposed to be a white out.
G
Gunk
If I had an extra grand, I'd be there Wed. night.
R
redneckjedi
vancouvercougar wrote:
Will the MWC refs play fair? (make up for the DiLuigi not-fumble?)


They already did that against Utah with the Bradley not-fumble.



But no, they won't play fair. MWC officials have always allowed very hands-on defense against BYU, but never from BYU, so expect some of those ticky-tack fouls in strategic, momentum shifting moments.
B
BroncoBot
Hopefully the game is out of reach so officiating doesn't become an issue, but I think the refs do a great job generally. CSU sounded like they didn't like the way Jimmer was getting to the line (but they should have stopped him before he bent their defense like a soda can).



BYU has beat SDSU how many times in a row? 4? Jimmer has lit them up in San Diego for 2 years now.



SDSU is going to be hungry and I have a feeling this one could go down to the wire. If SDSU is hot from mid range and 3s it could spell a lot of trouble for BYU because I'd bet BYU runs the zone defense almost exclusively at SDSU. Another concern is foul trouble for the frontcourt. My last concern is SDSU somehow slowing down the tempo and pounding it inside, which would make fouls more likely, and BYU had a hard time stopping CSU when they got the ball inside.



GO COUGS!!!!!



BYU 102 Jimmer 39 points

SDSU 92
C
Chewie
bcsbuster wrote:
IS the Game going to be a white out?




Yes I got an email from BYU Saturday night asking for it to be.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
To win this game jimmer and jax are gonig to have to be on fire and noah and davies are going to need to watch the fouls.



withou noah and davies or at least one of them on the floor it will be hard for even jimmer to keep them in the game if sdsu's guys are hot.



our lack of depth in the frontcourt is the obviously glaring weekness of this team. i expect jimmer and jax to have an amazing game. What is sweet about this team ist that they are NOT soft and are always down for a challenge.
S
SpiffCoug
I hope someone reminds Jimmer that Billy White said it was "impossible" that Jimmer could score 28 on them as a sophomore.
C
Cougs_Rule
kitic77 wrote:
IS the Game going to be a white out?

Every bball game is supposed to be a white out.


I hate to say this, but BYU fans have to be one of THE WORST set of fans for wearing blue or white instead of whatever the crap they want.

I hate this stupid "white-out" circus. But maybe white just shows up better than blue. Im hoping there is some good rationale, bc unless free tshirts are handed out, even the student section struggles to be all any color. it just looks silly.

I would venture to say that even Utah with an arena only 50% of its, what 12,000 capacity, has more red than a byu arena to full capacity has blue.

Try attending a Big 12 school game. They actually take pride in their colors and you see it everywhere. Waaaa.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.