Archived Topic

Rose on Emery

by Florwood · 1/20/2011

Advertisement
F
Florwood
At the Utah Valley Cougar Club luncheon today Coach Rose spoke about game day last Tuesday. I paraphrase:



"So the trainer calls me up and says Jackson can't play, he's sick. I say, that's not an option. And anyway, we pay you to make sure the guys can play, so he's gotta play. He says, But he's got the flu. And I say, It's Jackson Emery night. Jackson can't not play.



So we fill him up with a couple of IV bags, to make sure he's safely hydrated, and he does fine. In fact, we added some of that special juice, that makes you better at shooting threes. And he goes 5 for 7....we're thinking of giving a bag to each of the players."
C
Cougs_Rule
Awesome. Thanks. No wonder TCU coach said he would take Emery over anyone else in the MWC. Gotta love that kid. Tough as nails physically and mentally--particularly dealing with Jimmer's fame and still bringing it night after night.
C
CougarPeasant
Without his defense and tenacity, Jimmer wouldn't be the offensive player that he is.



They complement each other like no other guard duo since Ainge suited up.
V
vancouvercougar
CougarPeasant wrote:
Without his defense and tenacity, Jimmer wouldn't be the offensive player that he is.



They complement each other like no other guard duo since Ainge suited up.


I loved watching Scott Runia in the backcourt with Ainge.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.