Archived Topic

just starting looking at price for UT game

by radius19 · 1/20/2011

Advertisement
R
radius19
So, I served a mission in Dallas and have been wanting to take my wife back there for a while. Now, with the UT game in Austin this fall coming up it was a perfect opportunity for me to get a great college football fix and introduce my wife to a few folks down there. I just starting researching costs and such... wow!!! It's gonna be a pricey trip for us but I can't wait! Gotta sacrifice for some things, right?
C
Cougarbib
It is yet another reminder of what a great bargain BYU HOME football, Basketball, and other sporting event tickets are.



Maybe this is why we have trouble getting Home and Away matchups from the big boys - we don't charge enough for our tickets and thus don't offer them enough money to come play us.



Innovative Idea for AD office - I will suggest it to my contacts over there



Have a season package menu



All Games - $X per game

Premium Games - $X*2 per game

Non-Premium Games - $X/2 per game



That would still fill the place every week and give a bargain to some people for some of the games while making others pave the road to glory with their gold for the other games.



Go Cougs
R
radius19
the game ticket price isn't any more than I was expecting. It really was just the flights and a rental car while there. I would expect ticket prices to be more for a big time program so that's no shock. I wonder what their policy is on babies at Memorial stadium, hopefully just like at BYU and flights... lap age child = no extra ticket needed.

I like the idea on the potential ticket price idea for BYU home games though, if it will help big time teams come to town.
C
Cougarbib
radius19 wrote:
the game ticket price isn't any more than I was expecting. It really was just the flights and a rental car while there. I would expect ticket prices to be more for a big time program so that's no shock. I wonder what their policy is on babies at Memorial stadium, hopefully just like at BYU and flights... lap age child = no extra ticket needed.

I like the idea on the potential ticket price idea for BYU home games though, if it will help big time teams come to town.

What are the Texas ticket prices?



When I went to Anaheim for the UCLA basketball game which was probably far less than 50% sold out, prices were seemingly double for comparable seats. Probably 2/3 empty - but it was during the holidays.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
R
radius19
cheapest ones I saw were $85 on stubhub so not the only option. I only looked up stubhub.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Go to OleMIss game then, and go back to Texas next time around. That is what I am doing.
R
radius19
If I didn't live in utah and mississippi wasn't further than texas, I'd do it
U
urroner
radius19 wrote:
So, I served a mission in Dallas and have been wanting to take my wife back there for a while. Now, with the UT game in Austin this fall coming up it was a perfect opportunity for me to get a great college football fix and introduce my wife to a few folks down there. I just starting researching costs and such... wow!!! It's gonna be a pricey trip for us but I can't wait! Gotta sacrifice for some things, right?


If it's too expensive, leave the wife home, Tell her that sacrifices sometimes really have to hurt. :whistle:
Y
YBrit
I'm planning on Texas and L-Tech. Prices will vary, victories will not.
R
radius19
urroner wrote:
So, I served a mission in Dallas and have been wanting to take my wife back there for a while. Now, with the UT game in Austin this fall coming up it was a perfect opportunity for me to get a great college football fix and introduce my wife to a few folks down there. I just starting researching costs and such... wow!!! It's gonna be a pricey trip for us but I can't wait! Gotta sacrifice for some things, right?


If it's too expensive, leave the wife home, Tell her that sacrifices sometimes really have to hurt. :whistle:


if she weren't a rabid fan I'd really consider this. Look, I'm gonna make the sacrifice to be there. I'm looking forward to it, just glad I needed a football fix and therefore started researching the trip now so we can save up for it.
Advertisement
B
byutx
Fly on Southwest. I've flown in and out of San Antonio and Dallas from Salt Lake and I've never found an alternative even close to as cheap when you consider bag fees, etc. As long as you're willing to deal with their method (few direct flights, couple stops along the way), it's worth it. I've found flights into San Antonio for $150 round trip + fees and taxes.



Also, try renting cars and booking hotels via priceline and naming your own price. I've had mostly good experiences. I've bid $30 to $35 for a 2-star hotel and stayed at Texas La Quinta locations several times (maybe 10-12 different locations around the state).



P.S. Did you ever serve in the south part of your mission? I work in downtown Dallas but live in Waxahachie.
R
radius19
byutx wrote:
Fly on Southwest. I've flown in and out of San Antonio and Dallas from Salt Lake and I've never found an alternative even close to as cheap when you consider bag fees, etc. As long as you're willing to deal with their method (few direct flights, couple stops along the way), it's worth it. I've found flights into San Antonio for $150 round trip + fees and taxes.



Also, try renting cars and booking hotels via priceline and naming your own price. I've had mostly good experiences. I've bid $30 to $35 for a 2-star hotel and stayed at Texas La Quinta locations several times (maybe 10-12 different locations around the state).



P.S. Did you ever serve in the south part of your mission? I work in downtown Dallas but live in Waxahachie.


I was mostly in the north part of the Metroplex, Garland, McKinnie, Farmersville and then out in Oklahoma and Arkansas. Think I had a couple comps that served around there, would have to look back through some journals.

Thanks for the heads up on priceline, hadn't thought about that yet. My gramps has some sort of connections with marriott so we'll probably stay at one of them but flying in to San Antonio is cheaper than to Dallas and I don't mind driving.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.