Archived Topic

Hoffman, Apo, & Chambers at the Bball game tonight

by ThrowbackBlue · 1/19/2011

Advertisement
T
ThrowbackBlue
Cody Hoffman, Ross Apo, and O'neill Chambers were running around together at the basketball game tonight. I spoke with them a bit under the concourse during halftime and learned O'neill will be rejoining the team in the spring. (PK also tweeted this)



All 3 of them are VERY impressive physically. Having three 6-4 passing targets, a quick slot guy, improved tight ends, three quality running backs, an experienced offensive line, and a talented QB all on the field..... I'm drooling at the thought.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
urroner
O'Neill returning, I'm pleased as punch.
B
BigCougsFan
I have two thoughts after reading this:



1- Wow! That's impressive Chambers is working that hard to rejoin the team when it would have been that much easier for him to transfer to some D-II school.



2- I don't know what he did to get booted off the team, but it scares me that Chambers hangs out with these young guys on the team. I hope he's not a virus to these younger guys.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
Chambers is trying to work his way back on the team but will not play in 2011. He will redshirt (without being on scholorship) and then will try to be eligible to play in 2012. Bronco's own words.
Y
YBrit
frdbtr wrote:
Chambers is trying to work his way back on the team but will not play in 2011. He will redshirt (without being on scholorship) and then will try to be eligible to play in 2012. Bronco's own words.




The work of a mother on OC like white on rice.
Advertisement
B
beauso79
We could use him receiving but he better not touch the return game now. We'll have too many better options
W
Wickchad
BigCougsFan wrote:





2- I don't know what he did to get booted off the team, but it scares me that Chambers hangs out with these young guys on the team. I hope he's not a virus to these younger guys.




I have that same concern.
J
jonnylingo
While I don't Chambers had any other real option if he watned to play other than come back, I think we need to give him credit for doing what he is doing. He is not giving up. I can only imagine how hard what he is going through is. I am impressed with what he is doing.



Hope he continues to have a good attitude that will help the team. I am pulling for him as a person and as a player.
V
vancouvercougar
YBrit wrote:
Chambers is trying to work his way back on the team but will not play in 2011. He will redshirt (without being on scholorship) and then will try to be eligible to play in 2012. Bronco's own words.




The work of a mother on OC like white on rice.


Reading Linnette's posts has been interesting and enjoyable. I know she met with Bronco after OC was dismissed. The fact that he shows up and supports even though he is not on the team is encouraging.
L
Lawboy
I think OC and Coach Anae had issues. Coach Anae is now gone, so who knows what will happen for 2011. Being disrespectful never flies, and I hope that goes away, but one combatant is gone.
Advertisement
C
crh55
At first thought i think WHAT???? this is a marriage that doesn't work!



But it's good if he pays his dues, it shows that Bronco is willing to work with these kids if they are willing to do what it takes. I don't think we have to worry too much about him being toxic with other players, they all know he has gotten suspended and booted. They should be smart enough to not follow any of his shenanigans.
I
imuakahuku
I wonder how much the coaching changes have effected his decision to work through this?
S
snoscythe
imuakahuku wrote:
I wonder how much the coaching changes have effected his decision to work through this?


Linette was genuinely sad to see Higgins go. I don't know that we can really read into that how OC felt.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.