Archived Topic

Bad Weekend - no BYU game and no Upsets til Sunday delivered

by Cougarbib · 1/16/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
The net of that is that BYU will nit get any big lift in the polls that could have come from all the Jimmer exposure and the Ute butt whipping.



I guess we will just need to keep winning. At least three ranked teams had big comebacks or narrow victories. But, other than a midweek loss by #8, they held serve pretty well. Yeah Duke list, but that won't help us until they lose again.



Hopefully we are 10 in both polls with a glimmer if hope for a 9 in one poll. Hopefully nobody jumps us. There are some pretty good teams in the Top 16 or so.



Can't wait till Tuesday.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



UPDATED TITLE - spoke too soon. Two top 10 teams upset on Sunday.
B
BroncoBot
I'm so glad that we don't have to rely on the polls for anything other than seeding. When all is said and done, basketball allows teams to prove who the best really is.
Y
YBrit
declocoug wrote:
I'm so glad that we don't have to rely on the polls for anything other than seeding. When all is said and done, basketball allows teams to prove who the best really is.




I still maintain the NCAA has some control over who does well.
M
Metal Bubba
Actually, #9 ND just got spanked by St. Johns. The same St. Johns who lost to St. Marys. The same St. Marys who lost to us.



And it looks like #8 Purdue lost again.



It's all good.
C
Cougarbib
I spoke too soon - that will teach them to play on Sunday. We should move up to 8 in at least one poll and RPI will benefit as well



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Hmmm...I bet we only move up one spot in each poll. So, we'll be 9 in the ESPN/Coaches poll and 10 in the AP poll.
B
Brayden Green
I can't see how we don't move up.



#8 and #9 both lost multiple times, and everyone else didn't win convincingly.



The only thing up in the air for me, is what honors Jimmer gets for that performance. POTW for MWC has to be in the books, but POTW nationally? I wonder where he stands there.
G
Gunk
BlueIsBetter wrote:
I can't see how we don't move up.



#8 and #9 both lost multiple times, and everyone else didn't win convincingly.



The only thing up in the air for me, is what honors Jimmer gets for that performance. POTW for MWC has to be in the books, but POTW nationally? I wonder where he stands there.


Hard to tell. The MWC will slight him, of course. On the national scale he may get it. Did anyone put up 50 points in two games this week? The fact we only played one game this week has me unsure whether he'll get the nod this week.



Imagine if we played two games. If Jimmer had performed his average in the 2nd game he would have finished with at least 72 pts in one week's of play. That's insane.
C
Cougarbib
Gunk wrote:
I can't see how we don't move up.



#8 and #9 both lost multiple times, and everyone else didn't win convincingly.



The only thing up in the air for me, is what honors Jimmer gets for that performance. POTW for MWC has to be in the books, but POTW nationally? I wonder where he stands there.


Hard to tell. The MWC will slight him, of course. On the national scale he may get it. Did anyone put up 50 points in two games this week? The fact we only played one game this week has me unsure whether he'll get the nod this week.



Imagine if we played two games. If Jimmer had performed his average in the 2nd game he would have finished with at least 72 pts in one week's of play. That's insane.

Jimmer gets my vote for both. I actually think he will get both. It is unfortunate that the game was Tuesday even more than the fact that we only had one game. Those two factors rely heavily on good memories of pollsters. But that Jimmer highlight show on ESPN lasted nearly two days. Hopefully that will make it happen. He did move into #1 avg points per game. I hope that held up through today.
Y
YBrit
BlueIsBetter wrote:
I can't see how we don't move up.



#8 and #9 both lost multiple times, and everyone else didn't win convincingly.



The only thing up in the air for me, is what honors Jimmer gets for that performance. POTW for MWC has to be in the books, but POTW nationally? I wonder where he stands there.




How are Y fans not getting this?



MWC-He'll only share it the rest of his career, if he gets it at all.

National POW-He'll win this several more times.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Cougarbib2 wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:
I can't see how we don't move up.



#8 and #9 both lost multiple times, and everyone else didn't win convincingly.



The only thing up in the air for me, is what honors Jimmer gets for that performance. POTW for MWC has to be in the books, but POTW nationally? I wonder where he stands there.


Hard to tell. The MWC will slight him, of course. On the national scale he may get it. Did anyone put up 50 points in two games this week? The fact we only played one game this week has me unsure whether he'll get the nod this week.



Imagine if we played two games. If Jimmer had performed his average in the 2nd game he would have finished with at least 72 pts in one week's of play. That's insane.

Jimmer gets my vote for both. I actually think he will get both. It is unfortunate that the game was Tuesday even more than the fact that we only had one game. Those two factors rely heavily on good memories of pollsters. But that Jimmer highlight show on ESPN lasted nearly two days. Hopefully that will make it happen. He did move into #1 avg points per game. I hope that held up through today.

I get lucky once in a while - called Jimmer getting both
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.