Archived Topic

Anyone nervous about the game tomorrow?

by crh55 · 1/11/2011

Advertisement
C
crh55
Its obvious we have the better team, but i always get nervous when going up against a team that hates us and has nothing to loose. The frUtes must be thinking "what is another loss when we have 7 in a row?" They can go out and play worry free; while we have to worry about no stumbling and giving up our top 10 ranking.
B
BYULV
Yeah, but there's a reason they have lost 7 in a row. You can't just beat someone on desire alone, you have to have some ability and the stars need to align just right. I foresee our cougars stumbling and losing one they shouldn't sometime this season, but not against the utes. We will likely lose one where we are just off, the other team is on fire and the refs will seal the deal. Utah is just not good enough to do their part to win one from the cougars.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
IowaCougar
I watched part of their game against San Diego State. They looked a lot better than I expected. If the Cougars aren't ready and "up" for the game, they could be in for a shock. I do think Coach Rose will have them motivated and ready, however.
S
SpiffCoug
Jimmer has absolutely killed the Utes in his career. I see no reason that won't happen again. Davies had 21 against them at their place last year. I'll be surprised if we win by fewer than 9.
Y
YBrit
I'm not expecting to win by 30 points like a top 10 team should do, but as a fan of a national player of the year, team in the national top 10 I shouldn't have to worry about a loser team with a loser coach and loser educated players that have lost 6 straight games.



That's my right as a Y fan! :)





However, I am worried I won't be able to watch it online.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Most top 10 teams don't win road games by 30 in college bball. But yes, there is no reason to fear this game. Utah may play hard, like they did against SDSU, but BYU is by far the better team. It may be close for a half, but I don't see BYU losing or even having to make plays very late in the game to win. We've averaged 76 the last four games vs these guys, and more than 80 the last three games.
B
Brayden Green
I would only be worried that our guys have played long minutes, and we need them to rest eventually. I am not worried one little bit about a loss, but a non-win. By that, I mean that I am worried about an Air Force type of finish... Where we flounder, and have to keep everyone in. I think that with all our guys winded and in foul trouble we still win this game. The crawling Utes just don't have the talent to beat us, unless they play their best game, and us our absolute worst. If that happens, it'll be a close game. I just want us to put this away early, and don't look back, so that we can coast with the second unit in, and get some much needed depth-development, past Abuou and the occasional "Rogers sighting."



I'm not dissing the bench, but we are going to need them to actually "contribute" against SDSU and the tourney teams, and not just "not detract."



So not worried at all about a loss. Just worried about what type of victory we have...
A
ABYUFAN
How much does the goof-ball hoops team really hate BYU? Aren't most of them out-of-staters who weren't even here last year?
M
Metal Bubba
The only thing I'm nervous about is whether someone will post a link so that I can watch it online.
B
BerliNY
I am sooo pumped for this game. $5 says BYU has more fans at this game (and not because there will be tons of BYU fans at the game)
Advertisement
C
crh55
BerliNY wrote:
I am sooo pumped for this game. $5 says BYU has more fans at this game (and not because there will be tons of BYU fans at the game)


The one thing we definitely won't have to worry about is a hostile crowd. Every :utard: fan i have talked to is completely apathetic about their BBall team. Even season ticket holders are just staying at home. They all want to loose so their coach gets the boot. They also want a new Offensive Coordinator, but maybe that is a post for the football forum.
C
CougarClaw
crh55 wrote:
Even season ticket holders are just staying at home.


The :utard: s have season ticket holders? WOW.



I bet they're hard to find. Kind of like spotted owls or Dodo birds right?
G
Gunk
Metal Bubba wrote:
The only thing I'm nervous about is whether someone will post a link so that I can watch it online.


You and me both!
G
Gunk
IowaCougar wrote:
I watched part of their game against San Diego State. They looked a lot better than I expected. If the Cougars aren't ready and "up" for the game, they could be in for a shock. I do think Coach Rose will have them motivated and ready, however.


Watched it too since I couldn't get the Mtn.



At times Utah looked pretty good. Then I noticed they have no shooters. All their points game off the drive. Their ball movement was horrible. It literally looked like church basketball game. SDSU made the mistake of adopting the style. When SDSU finally came to their senses and started shooting the ball the doors opened and Utah had no chance.



Utah definitely played scrappy, though, and I don't think they'll roll over.
C
craigoscarson
Yes, I'm scared. Utah has some talent and plenty of motivation for this game. Boylen probably sees this game as a potential job saver.



I don't expect us to lose but even that 5% chance is scary considering what that means for BYU and Utah.



It's a potential disaster in the making; one in which we can ill afford if we want a 3 seed or better; and I would hate to live in Salt Lake tommorrow if the Pukes even make it a ball game.



On the bright side, the Utes don't have team chemistry and don't know how to win; expecting to beat a top 10 team that will bring our fans to the game wil be expecting a lot, even for a Ewet.
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
BYULV wrote: Yeah, but there's a reason they have lost 7 in a row. You can't just beat someone on desire alone, you have to have some ability and the stars need to align just right. I foresee our cougars stumbling and losing one they shouldn't sometime this season, but not against the utes. We will likely lose one where we are just off, the other team is on fire and the refs will seal the deal. Utah is just not good enough to do their part to win one from the cougars.


You mean like at the Pit?



My worry is that the Utes are so discombobulated that they hurt Jimmer or Emery.
G
Gunk
imuakahuku wrote:
BYULV wrote: Yeah, but there's a reason they have lost 7 in a row. You can't just beat someone on desire alone, you have to have some ability and the stars need to align just right. I foresee our cougars stumbling and losing one they shouldn't sometime this season, but not against the utes. We will likely lose one where we are just off, the other team is on fire and the refs will seal the deal. Utah is just not good enough to do their part to win one from the cougars.
[quote/]


You mean like at the Pit?



My worry is that the Utes are so discombobulated that they hurt Jimmer or Emery.


There is an air of reckless abandonment with them. I could see them getting a little too physical with Jimmer.
M
MJCOUGAR
No, BYU is heads and tails above the U
B
BYULV
imuakahuku wrote:
BYULV wrote: Yeah, but there's a reason they have lost 7 in a row. You can't just beat someone on desire alone, you have to have some ability and the stars need to align just right. I foresee our cougars stumbling and losing one they shouldn't sometime this season, but not against the utes. We will likely lose one where we are just off, the other team is on fire and the refs will seal the deal. Utah is just not good enough to do their part to win one from the cougars.
[quote/]


You mean like at the Pit?



My worry is that the Utes are so discombobulated that they hurt Jimmer or Emery.


It wouldn't surprise me if this scenario occurred at the pit. They are talented enough to make it tough on us if we have an off night, and I think the refs would be fine letting the calls go their way if things were close. Utah, in order to pull this off, would have to have an out of their heads great night and we would need to play martinau and Anderson all night in place of Fredette and Davies.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
crh55
Did i say something about being worried about the frUtes. Ya'll knew that was just a joke. I'm so glad we scored over 100 tonight. Too bad Jimmer didn't get to 50.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.