Archived Topic

Chris Collinsworth - Possible surgery??

by beauso79 · 1/9/2011

Advertisement
B
beauso79
During the post game interview Coach Rose mentioned that CC was going to the Doctor again this evening and that surgery might be a possibility being that his knee isn't responding well. Hope it's not anything serious
C
craigoscarson
beauso79 wrote:
During the post game interview Coach Rose mentioned that CC was going to the Doctor again this evening and that surgery might be a possibility being that his knee isn't responding well. Hope it's not anything serious


I just heard scope; something that often is only a couple weeks at best, but if they find damage, it could cost him the season. Personally, I think he's just out of shape and fragile post mission. I could take a rubber hose to your knee and you'd have swelling for a couple weeks but you won't have any structural damage, and this is what I think is the case here. (not that I took a rubber hose to his knee but rather he's taking a beating and he wasn't in good enough shape to deal with it)



We'll be favored in all but 2-3 games we play in conference with or without Chris, and maybe we'll lose 1 due to foul trouble and not having him but it's not the end of the world, particularly if he's at all available in the mwc tourney and ncaas.



To be honest, he probably should have been redshirted, he certainly wasn't ready for the season, but it was too much temptation to allow both brothers to play together.
G
Gunk
craigoscarson wrote:
During the post game interview Coach Rose mentioned that CC was going to the Doctor again this evening and that surgery might be a possibility being that his knee isn't responding well. Hope it's not anything serious


I just heard scope; something that often is only a couple weeks at best, but if they find damage, it could cost him the season. Personally, I think he's just out of shape and fragile post mission. I could take a rubber hose to your knee and you'd have swelling for a couple weeks but you won't have any structural damage, and this is what I think is the case here. (not that I took a rubber hose to his knee but rather he's taking a beating and he wasn't in good enough shape to deal with it)



We'll be favored in all but 2-3 games we play in conference with or without Chris, and maybe we'll lose 1 due to foul trouble and not having him but it's not the end of the world, particularly if he's at all available in the mwc tourney and ncaas.



To be honest, he probably should have been redshirted, he certainly wasn't ready for the season, but it was too much temptation to allow both brothers to play together.


He put on something like 35 lbs, so I'm sure his frame isn't quite used to running around with added mass. I hope it's nothing.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.