Archived Topic

Need some help confirming potential HUGE news

by ThrowbackBlue · 1/7/2011

Advertisement
T
ThrowbackBlue
In speaking with a normally reliable source today, I learned of a recruit possibly visiting this week who is unlike any recruit we've ever had at this position.



His name is Isaiah Crowell, a 6'0 2010 RB with a 4.43 40, 5 star rating, #2 nationally in position rating



Apparently he and Corby Eason (who recently joined the church) went to the same high school in Georgia and Corby is the reason for his visit.



He has offers from: Alabama, Georgia, Texas, USC, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Miami, LSU, Florida, Florida St., Auburn, Clemson, Duke.....



I'm not passing this off as fact, but my source is typically very dialed in. Therefore I'm hoping somebody on here can shed further light on what is currently unconfirmed speculation.



While BYU has had some great running backs, we've never had a running back of this caliber visit (based off position rating). A commit like this would be EPIC.



Anybody have anymore info?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
YBrit
Thank goodness Anae isn't there to redshirt him and switch him to TE.
C
CougarClaw
It's been a few years since we had a break-away RB but we have such a logjam at that position, who do you sit?

Kariya? he's the Bronco-proclaimed shining example of what the BYU program is, and he's the closest thing to a full-back we have.

JJ? he was our entire offense last year?

Quezada? the one who averaged like 8 ypc?

Phillips? the one our defense hated to guard and possibly the fastest guy on the team?

Hines?



how many RB's can we put on the field at once? Hey Doman! How about a 4 RB set?
C
Cougarbib
Redshirt him - JJ and Kariya will be gone and then a new trifecta with Juice, Phillips, and the new guy.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
I checked around and hear there is nothing to this story. Just a rumor coming from rumorboard and even TBS, per usual. BYU is no where to be seen on the kids radar. Look at his scout and rivals page. Does not even show that we offered.
Advertisement
C
CougarPeasant
Here's the link to his Scout page



http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4191930" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Would be a great coup if BYU could land him. He's got offers from everyone naturally. Further, he's most interested in the home teams, Alabama and Georgia. I give us a Dumb and Dumber chance, even if he is friends with Eason and actually shows up this weekend.
C
craigoscarson
I can confirm... that it would be a huge get and a monumental occasion in BYU recruiting history... (I'm not holding my breath though)
C
CougarPeasant
Lawboy wrote:
I checked around and hear there is nothing to this story. Just a rumor coming from rumorboard and even TBS, per usual. BYU is no where to be seen on the kids radar. Look at his scout and rivals page. Does not even show that we offered.


Somebody tweeted the news and credited/blamed cougarcorner. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing.
J
jonnylingo
That is good advice. we are not going to get this guy so don't even worry about it.
L
Lawboy
Everything I am reading says he is Georgia or Bama. BYU is not mentioned in any conversation, except for links to either TBS or here. If there is truth to it, someone can really keep a secret.
Advertisement
T
ThrowbackBlue
craigoscarson wrote:
I can confirm... that it would be a huge get and a monumental occasion in BYU recruiting history... (I'm not holding my breath though)


Thanks for the confirmation. :)



If it is true, why all the hushed secrecy surrounding his visit? Would BYU really go through the expense and efforts entertaining a kid we felt we had no chance of landing? Not to mention if this kid is what they say he is, why would he take the time to entertain us with the bevy of offers he's receiving from so many national powers?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
ThrowbackBlue wrote:
I can confirm... that it would be a huge get and a monumental occasion in BYU recruiting history... (I'm not holding my breath though)


Thanks for the confirmation. :)



If it is true, why all the hushed secrecy surrounding his visit? Would BYU really go through the expense and efforts entertaining a kid we felt we had no chance of landing? Not to mention if this kid is what they say he is, why would he take the time to entertain us with the bevy of offers he's receiving from so many national powers?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

The expense? a drop in the bucket when 2011 ESPN money starts rolling in. Anything's possible, right? How awesome would it be to land this kid and tell Langi he just lost his schollie at BYU. Unless of course, we can get both of them.
K
kiwibacon
I think Craigo was being silly and confirming that it would be a huge get for BYU not confirming that he is in town on a visit. I think he is playing word games...He can come on here and correct me if I am wrong.
C
craigoscarson
kiwibacon wrote:
I think Craigo was being silly and confirming that it would be a huge get for BYU not confirming that he is in town on a visit. I think he is playing word games...He can come on here and correct me if I am wrong.


I think they got that. We're not getting the kid and we're not getting Langi. We have a nice class that would have been nicer if Sampson had actually gone to his juco classes last semester (call of duty isn't that cool dude)
W
WACoug
He is not coming to visit and BYU isn't on his radar. It was actually quite funny how long it took for someone to "break" the news on Cougarboard.
Advertisement
T
ThrowbackBlue
WACoug wrote:
He is not coming to visit and BYU isn't on his radar. It was actually quite funny how long it took for someone to "break" the news on Cougarboard.


Yikes! This is exactly why I posted the question here. I just went and found the thread on cougarboard (I never go to that site-- can't stand it) and I'm embarrassed to say that I helped perpetuate anything remotely similar to what's been posted there. My normally reliable source has some explaining to do......



Thanks for the input.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
4
49erCoug
craigoscarson wrote:
I think Craigo was being silly and confirming that it would be a huge get for BYU not confirming that he is in town on a visit. I think he is playing word games...He can come on here and correct me if I am wrong.


I think they got that. We're not getting the kid and we're not getting Langi. We have a nice class that would have been nicer if Sampson had actually gone to his juco classes last semester (call of duty isn't that cool dude)


Hey now CraigO.. Call of Duty is Very cool.. He still should have gone to class.. But let's not give Call of Duty a bad name!!! :)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
craigoscarson
po_pocoug wrote:
kiwibacon wrote:
I think Craigo was being silly and confirming that it would be a huge get for BYU not confirming that he is in town on a visit. I think he is playing word games...He can come on here and correct me if I am wrong.


I think they got that. We're not getting the kid and we're not getting Langi. We have a nice class that would have been nicer if Sampson had actually gone to his juco classes last semester (call of duty isn't that cool dude)


Hey now CraigO.. Call of Duty is Very cool.. He still should have gone to class.. But let's not give Call of Duty a bad name!!! :)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


then let me add to that mario brothers, world of warcraft, donkey kong, halo, dungeon quest 5000, pacman, tic tac toe, 4 square, monopoly, pin the tail on the donkey and whatever else people waste 10 hours a day playing... particularly when they have no other responsibilities but school before they get a free ride to one of the best universities in the country.
C
Cougarbib
If he spent as much time debating Independence, MWC, 2QB, Hill, Anae, Ashworth, rising tides, Backup QB development, offensive coach selections, Langi spelling, and Collinsworth outside shooting and free-throw shooting as I did, no wonder he got behind. BYU football really has been an attention suck. Bronco needs to announce the new coaching staff and let our soon to be #12 or so ranked basketball team take over.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYUcougfan
ThrowbackBlue wrote:
In speaking with a normally reliable source today, I learned of a recruit possibly visiting this week who is unlike any recruit we've ever had at this position.



His name is Isaiah Crowell, a 6'0 2010 RB with a 4.43 40, 5 star rating, #2 nationally in position rating



Apparently he and Corby Eason (who recently joined the church) went to the same high school in Georgia and Corby is the reason for his visit.



He has offers from: Alabama, Georgia, Texas, USC, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Miami, LSU, Florida, Florida St., Auburn, Clemson, Duke.....



I'm not passing this off as fact, but my source is typically very dialed in. Therefore I'm hoping somebody on here can shed further light on what is currently unconfirmed speculation.



While BYU has had some great running backs, we've never had a running back of this caliber visit (based off position rating). A commit like this would be EPIC.



Anybody have anymore info?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


C'mon now. We don't have the player salary budget those SEC schools have. No way he chooses BYU.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.