Archived Topic

BYU mentioned in Jay Bilas chat

by kjjson · 1/6/2011

Advertisement
K
kjjson
I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but in Jay's chat today, he gave BYU some good press:



http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36403/ncaa-bb-with-jay-bilas


Colton (Salt Lake City)



Hey Jay, What kind of a seed do you see BYU getting in the tourney this year? Do you think they have a shot at making a sweet sixteen run?



Jay Bilas (1:53 PM)



I think that BYU will be a 2 or 3 seed. If they beat SDSU twice or three times, they can get up near a 1-seed, but that is probably unlikely. I really like that team. They play fast, get out and guard, and I like the Brandon Davies kid. Jimmer Fredette is a National POY guy, and I am a big fan of Jackson Emery. That kid can really guard and compete. Tough kid. Can I call any of the Cougars "kids"? They are all 30 years old!! So what, they can really play.


and


Magee ((NM))



Darkhorse for the Final Four? (Somebody outside the Big 6 conferences, perhaps?)



Jay Bilas (2:53 PM)



BYU and San Diego State are the two I would put forth. I really don't see a Butler-type team out there right now. Then again, did anyone see George Mason in 2006?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.