Archived Topic

Anae staying at BYU!!

by Cougarpoke · 1/6/2011

Advertisement
C
CougarPeasant
That is good news.



I thought I had read last summer that Famika had a career ending injury (at least severe enough not to risk further injury) and therefore his scholarship no longer counted against the 85 limit.



Guess I was wrong after reading the article.
L
Lawboy
Hope he pans out, but willing to bet he struggles to see the field while at BYU. The football field that is. the other playing field at BYU makes it worth sticking around for...
E
EM_Puma
This is a good surprise.



Wouldn't he now with the new rules, even after having gone on a mission, lose a year of eligibility to change schools since he already was at BYU for a year?



Kind of the anti-RM-change-to-BYU-when-you-come-home-because-you're-now-wiser-and-smarter rule.
U
Ungoy
I always thought it was called the Riley Nelson rule....
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Lawboy wrote:
Hope he pans out, but willing to bet he struggles to see the field while at BYU. The football field that is. the other playing field at BYU makes it worth sticking around for...


Two football fields??? Whaaaaa??? Ha-ha-ha!! ;)
E
EM_Puma
Ungoy wrote:
I always thought it was called the Riley Nelson rule....

That sure is shorter.
S
Short_Change
Trust me when I say that Famika got his schollie because of his dad. He wasn't great in HS and I don't expect him to ever see the field at BYU.
S
Sammich
Lawboy wrote:
Hope he pans out, but willing to bet he struggles to see the field while at BYU. The football field that is. the other playing field at BYU makes it worth sticking around for...

Not worth it, according to this thread: http://www.cougarcorner.com//viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6469&start=10
S
SpiffCoug
Famika is a non-factor. Three major knee surgeries is a bad sign for a college player.
Advertisement
C
Cougarpoke
Just read on J. Drew's blog at http://www.sltrib.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that Anae tore his ACL again last week during workouts. Don't know if he will ever see the field, which is too bad. Thought he had a ton of potential. We will see.
M
mike_j
He actually tore his Achilles tendon - still a significant injury but this will sideline him ~3 months only, not the ~6 months (after surgery) for an ACL tear. I met Famika at the MTC, and he's one of the good guys. Hope he gets healthy enough to contribute in 2011.
P
ProV1
So if his own son and nephew (Olomua) don't follow Coach Anae to Arizona, what does that say?
N
NebraskaCoug
ProV1 wrote:
So if his own son and nephew (Olomua) don't follow Coach Anae to Arizona, what does that say?


It says that Coach Anae is still a loyal Cougar even though his employer has changed. I would encourage my son and nephew to stay at BYU too, even if I took a job at a different school. I have attended a few universities around the country and there truly is no better environment than BYU for the LDS student.
S
Schmoe
It says that he is his own man and doesn't go following all of his family members on a whim. He likes what he's got at BYU and isn't going to change it just because his uncle left.
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
It says, if you're not going to see the field anytime soon a BYU education > U of A education any day of the week.
R
redneckjedi
All this says is that Provo >>>> Tucson. And I think we all knew that. ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.