Archived Topic

Doman's first recruiting test as the new OC

by Cougarbib · 1/5/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Harvey Langi - Can Doman get Langi on board and get him to live the honor code? Are there any **** LDS or LDS compatible players Doman or Pops can steal away from a BCS power. Not much time left.



Who are the future NFL 1-3 round picks out there for 2012? We have all year for our popular new coaches to work on that list.



I fully agree that Doman will recruit very well - but who is in the pool that will be early round NFL talent willing to live HC



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Harvey Langhi - Can Doman get Langhi on board and get him to live the honor code? Are there any **** LDS or LDS compatible players Doman or Pops can steal away from a BCS power. Not much time left.



Who are the future NFL 1-3 round picks out there for 2012? We have all year for our popular new coaches to work on that list.



I fully agree that Doman will recruit very well - but who is in the pool that will be early round NFL talent willing to live HC


Screw Langhi. I don't want some nobody---what does that prove? I want to see him go out and land that Langi kid.
C
Cougs_Rule
wrong! wrong! who do you think got Heaps to BYU????

What is up with you and doman? Or is it angry about anae's departure?

Lets see......

Doman and Heaps vs Anae and Nelson? Should we take a vote?
C
CougarClaw
dmcougar wrote:
wrong! wrong! who do you think got Heaps to BYU????

What is up with you and doman? Or is it angry about anae's departure?

Lets see......

Doman and Heaps vs Anae and Nelson? Should we take a vote?


:lol:



This certainly didn't TIC to me, so look before you leap dude. Difference between Langhi and Langi. That is all.
C
Cougs_Rule
CougarClaw wrote:
wrong! wrong! who do you think got Heaps to BYU????

What is up with you and doman? Or is it angry about anae's departure?

Lets see......

Doman and Heaps vs Anae and Nelson? Should we take a vote?


:lol:



This certainly didn't TIC to me, so look before you leap dude. Difference between Langhi and Langi. That is all.


you know, the worst part about telling someone else to look before they leap is that you might have fall on your own face at the same moment. What are you talking about? First, Fix your grammar so we can understand where you stand. If you are suggesting Bib was attempting TIC, clearly you have not read most of his threads.

What is "difference between langhi and Langi"?
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Ignore Bib. I have. He is the resident troll posing as a BYU fan.
C
craigoscarson
Langi isn't at the top of my board, but if he can help get the upper hand on Hinds and Devonte Neal that would be a plus.



Langi is planning to make his decision known this week in san antonio at the us army game... I think that shipped has sailed.



Pretty sure he's not going to be a Ute either which at least means we wont' have to hear how they actually beat us for a recruit we wanted for once.
C
CougarPeasant
craigoscarson wrote:
Langi isn't at the top of my board, but if he can help get the upper hand on Hinds and Devonte Neal that would be a plus.



Langi is planning to make his decision known this week in san antonio at the us army game... I think that shipped has sailed.



Pretty sure he's not going to be a Ute either which at least means we wont' have to hear how they actually beat us for a recruit we wanted for once.


I still think Langi would be a great addition to BYU and hope there's still a reasonable chance we get him and if Doman can bring him in, all the more thrilled I am that he's the new OC. But I agree with you, getting Neal and Hinds would be great and more than make up for losing Langi.
C
CougarClaw
dmcougar wrote:



the worst part about telling someone else to look before they leap is that you might have fall on your own face at the same moment.


self-fulfilling prophecy. hilarious.



btw. Try re-reading Sno's post for the joke that you missed TWICE now. We wouldn't want you "to have fall" on your face again.
F
Florwood
dmcougar, can I calmly spell this out. bib encouraged Doman and Poppinga to recruit like heck, I didn't see any dissing of them

sno was riffing on bib's misspelling of Langi as Langhi.



So who was your original post pointed at? Because it seemed to miss the point of both...
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
sorry. I was saying wrong to Bib, not Sno. Doman already passed ahuge test in getting Heaps. getting Langi is neither a test for Doman nor a big get. Rather a big risk for a school like byu.
K
kiwibacon
Doman's first recruiting test happened in seasons past...Doman has been recruiting for BYU for years...and why is this Doman's test anyways? Bronco is the HC.
B
BYULV
Recruiting has been good and getting better with bronco and domain. I would be pleased with their continued recruiting and upping the preparation and play calling for Saturdays.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
snoscythe wrote:
Harvey Langhi - Can Doman get Langhi on board and get him to live the honor code? Are there any **** LDS or LDS compatible players Doman or Pops can steal away from a BCS power. Not much time left.



Who are the future NFL 1-3 round picks out there for 2012? We have all year for our popular new coaches to work on that list.



I fully agree that Doman will recruit very well - but who is in the pool that will be early round NFL talent willing to live HC


Screw Langhi. I don't want some nobody---what does that prove? I want to see him go out and land that Langi kid.

Sorry for my spelling error. I would try to blame it on my tiny iPhone keypad - but truth is - spelling error. Mahalo for setting the record straight.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
dmcougar wrote:
wrong! wrong! who do you think got Heaps to BYU????

What is up with you and doman? Or is it angry about anae's departure?

Lets see......

Doman and Heaps vs Anae and Nelson? Should we take a vote?

This was a legitimate question. Some people below gave legitimate answers. Anae is history and I have always liked Doman. I love underdogs, walkons, etc that overcome all odds. Doman emerged out of nowhere in 2000 in game 11 and set BYU football on fire for 14 consecutive wins until Staley broke his leg. Doman came to BYU as QB coach with zippo coaching experience and is probably on his way to putting his third QB in the NFL. Doman made it to the NFL when everyone said he couldn't.



Since we have a few nitpickers on here - I meant first recruiting test as the brand spanking new OC. Recruiting is a strength - ask Craig O and many others. I was curious what rabbits there may be at this late date that he might be able to pull out of the proverbial hat. I don't read Mars recruiting lists, but Langi has been mentioned ad nauseum on this board. I recognize that he is an honor code risk and that is what makes him a challenge - getting him here - and keeping him here. Some might be curious about what opportunity BYU has to be on the pleasant side of the last minute surprises now that coaching selections are falling into place.



Civil dialogue always appreciated.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
kiwibacon wrote:
Doman's first recruiting test happened in seasons past...Doman has been recruiting for BYU for years...and why is this Doman's test anyways? Bronco is the HC.

Doman who is a great recruiter has replaced Anae who is not. He is the OC. Langi is a RB. Bronco has been in the Langi picture to no avail so far. Doman is now in a position to make commitments to Langi that Doman could not make as QB coach. Hopefully Doman gets to decide who the RB coach will be. Anae / Bronco / Reynolds have not had much success with Langi. Doman provides a newly empowered player in this equation.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
craigoscarson wrote:
Langi isn't at the top of my board, but if he can help get the upper hand on Hinds and Devonte Neal that would be a plus.



Langi is planning to make his decision known this week in san antonio at the us army game... I think that shipped has sailed.



Pretty sure he's not going to be a Ute either which at least means we wont' have to hear how they actually beat us for a recruit we wanted for once.

Can you elaborate on those two and who we are up against to get them? Are they both offensive side players?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Florwood wrote:
dmcougar, can I calmly spell this out. bib encouraged Doman and Poppinga to recruit like heck, I didn't see any dissing of them

sno was riffing on bib's misspelling of Langi as Langhi.



So who was your original post pointed at? Because it seemed to miss the point of both...

Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much for understanding my point).



I am fully on board with Doman and have posted elsewhere today that I think Pops earned his promotion. I am fully on board with Pops as well. I took the liberty of calling him Pops out if respect. If that troubles anyone - I am fully on board with Poppinga. And as I have posted a million times, I fully support Bronco. They are all my kind of guys - overachievers. Isn't that what BYU is all about? No stars and two stars somehow playing harder and smarter than the overhyped BCS five stars. That is BYU football to me.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
kiwibacon
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Doman's first recruiting test happened in seasons past...Doman has been recruiting for BYU for years...and why is this Doman's test anyways? Bronco is the HC.

Doman who is a great recruiter has replaced Anae who is not. He is the OC. Langi is a RB. Bronco has been in the Langi picture to no avail so far. Doman is now in a position to make commitments to Langi that Doman could not make as QB coach. Hopefully Doman gets to decide who the RB coach will be. Anae / Bronco / Reynolds have not had much success with Langi. Doman provides a newly empowered player in this equation.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I see you agreed with me by changing the title from first recruiting test to first OC recruiting test.
G
gmj81
People, Langi isn't coming to BYU no matter who is recruiting him so let's just quit ringing our hands about him. We don't even need him. Sure he could be a nice addition but he's not a game-breaker by any stretch of the imagination and we are already loaded at his position with very good talent. Not to mention the fact that he'd probably flame out on HC violations anyway (and I think he knows it). Plus we could really use help elsewhere, like at DB for instance since Sampson didn't qualify.



I don't know if the coaches will hold out of Sampson but I think at this point they ought to tell him, "If you can qualify and get here for fall camp, you can walk-on and have a shot at a totally open defensive backfield (and a scholie for your senior year should you make it) but we can't continue to hold a scholie for someone who might not be here." Then go offer one or two of the guys from Blinn that still is available and give it to the first to commit and/or who could already qualify.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.