Archived Topic

The MWC goes through Ft. Collins

by SpiffCoug · 1/4/2011

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I think the road to the MWC regular season championship goes through Ft. Collins.



SDSU is 15-0. BYU is 14-1. UNLV is 12-2. UNM is 11-3. And CSU is 10-4. The rest of the teams (Wyoming, Air Force, Utah and TCU) aren't that good.



I expect the top four teams to sweep the bottom four teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see BYU, SDSU and UNLV split amongst themselves and it wouldn't surprise me to see those guys split with UNM as well. With all four of those team winning all their home games.



So we're left with the road trip to Colorado St. Any team that can get a win there, may have a leg up on the rest of the conference. That roadie to CSU is no gimme this year and could be the difference between who contends for and who pretends to be in the running for the MWC championship.



Or at least on all the teams chasing BYU since we're going to get a win tomorrow night!
Y
YBrit
Is that the MWC favorite team at the moment?



I have a hard time keeping up with their darling since they change it often enough in every sport.
G
Gunk
You know I was thinking about this the other day. CSu is going to be no gimmie this year and how the games against CSU are perfect trap games, decent team that's overlooked.



At least one, if not two, of the Big 3/4 in the MWC will be upset by CSU this season. Crossing my fingers that it isn't us. I wouldn't be surprised if it was SDSU. White tends to be real inconsistent and I can see him showing up against CSU without his head in the game. Double up on Kawhi and box out and CSU can make it a game.



One of the "advantages" of already having a loss on your record is it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. BYU knows they're vulnerable so we're less likely to be caught sleeping.
G
GolfDiveNCougs
Interesting. I didn't know CSU was playing good ball this year. Good for them. Sucks for us that we've got them directly before our games with San Diego State, oh, and San Diego State has their byes before us. With that information, I think our games against the Wah-ztecs are that much tougher.
C
Cougarbib
SDSU in Provo and CSU in Colorado Springs will be key games for BYU. Tough conference play in 2011 for this very good BYU team. Maybe we surprise UNLV in Vegas. That would be very nice. @UNLV, @SDSU, @New Mexico are long-shot games but leg-up games if we pull the upset.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
BPcougs
BYU beats CSU by at least 15 at CSU.
G
gmj81
Yeah I think it's still a little too early to be fearing the green yet. They definitely seem to be improving but they also really haven't beaten anybody impressive yet. Fortunately we'll get to see them face off against UNM and UNLV before we play them. Then we'll get to see how much improvement they've really made since last year.
I
IowaCougar
Cougarbib2 wrote:
SDSU in Provo and CSU in Colorado Springs will be key games for BYU. Tough conference play in 2011 for this very good BYU team. Maybe we surprise UNLV in Vegas. That would be very nice. @UNLV, @SDSU, @New Mexico are long-shot games but leg-up games if we pull the upset.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Air Force might be a bit surprised when we show up in Colorado Springs to play CSU ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.