Archived Topic

Bracketology 1/3/11

by mizzoucoug · 1/3/2011

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Lunardi the Wise has an updated bracket today. BYU comes in at a 4-seed. How amazing would it be for us to get a game in the first round where we all expect and have zero doubt of a win? Man, seeding is so important. Although a 2nd rounder with Mich St would be suicide, so that sucks. All the same, BYU absolutely has to get no lower than a 6 seed to advance to the Sweet 16. Anything worse than that and you're playing a 1 or 2 seed to make it and I don't think anyone realistically can like our chances there unless it's a guard-heavy opponent.



The last couple years have shown us what we have to do to get there: lose no more than 3 games in conference and win the tourney. If we fall short again it'll be the old BYU formula: deserved 5-seed plus 2 (BYU penalty) = 7-seed = screwed in the 2nd round at the latest.



Unfortunately a disproportionate weight is placed on the Vegas Invitational, but I have no doubt the committee will love a win vs SDSU and possible sweep of UNM regardless of what happens on Wednesday vs UNLV.



http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
S
scott715
We are now ranked 14/15 as of today.
G
Gunk
scott715 wrote:
We are now ranked 14/15 as of today.


And, unlike some other teams ahead of it we have the computer numbers to back up the ranking.
E
EM_Puma
Nice to see the love, but I'll take it a lot more seriously when we are in the last week of the season and he's projecting a 4th seed. Then I really will be excited. Game is huge Wednesday--not a season maker, but it will go a long way to getting a better seed.
Q
Qman
Honestly I am more concerned to see if we can get through Conference play mostly healthy and with improvements by Davies and the Collinsworths. Maybe Abouo can find his shot. That way we can maximize of potential for the tourney.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I think Kyle Collinsworth would improve his shot by simply making it an actual jump shot. Watch him, he's got a set shot. He doesn't jump and release at the highest point like Jimmer or Jax. To be honest, he almost shoots like a girl. Like he never changed his shot from when he was 10 and wasn't strong enough enough to shoot a jump shot from the outside. He jumps TO shoot, not jump THEN shoot.
G
Gunk
kitic77 wrote:
I think Kyle Collinsworth would improve his shot by simply making it an actual jump shot. Watch him, he's got a set shot. He doesn't jump and release at the highest point like Jimmer or Jax. To be honest, he almost shoots like a girl. Like he never changed his shot from when he was 10 and wasn't strong enough enough to shoot a jump shot from the outside. He jumps TO shoot, not jump THEN shoot.


He shoots? :skeptic:



I'm kidding. I'm going to have to pay closer attention next game.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.