Archived Topic

Where Will Doman Be Next Year?

by SpiffCoug · 1/1/2011

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Where will he be?
L
Lawboy
I'd say field for next year, then perhaps the box in 2012. Get another year of an field, up close QB coaching with Heaps.
C
craigoscarson
I don't care as long as he's a BYU Cougar and he's happy. He's too important to our recruiting to gamble on guys that don't know the BYU way.
C
Cougs_Rule
On the field as OC and qb coach with reynolds, in the box as mentor and eyes from above.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
It may well be Texas if the reports are true that Bronco is looking outside the program for someone with experience, and Texas has offered Doman to be their QB coach for 3 times the money.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:
It may well be Texas if the reports are true that Bronco is looking outside the program for someone with experience, and Texas has offered Doman to be their QB coach for 3 times the money.


That is a false rumor. Texas is very satisfied with Major Applewhite as their QB coach, and he is just 4 or 5 years away from taking the offensive reins and possibly the keys to the program. The only offensive positions they are looking to fill are OLine coach and offensive coordinator, and Doman doesn't have the qualifications for either of those jobs per the requirements on the HR postings on the UT website. Texas simply is not interested in Doman, it's just a way for the people trying to pump up Doman to try and make him look better than he probably is.
D
Ddawg
craigoscarson wrote:
I don't care as long as he's a BYU Cougar and he's happy. He's too important to our recruiting to gamble on guys that don't know the BYU way.


+1!!!! Bam!!!! 8)
R
runbyu1
This is one of my biggest pet peaves with our offensive coordinator position---HOW CAN YOU MAKE ADJUSTMENTS WHEN YOU'RE NOT IN THE BOX? Oh wait, YOU CAN'T!!!
B
bball
It's been interesting watching the bowl games this year, including the Rose Bowl. It's obvious that the better teams are making "adjustments" almost immediately in the game, they don't wait until halftime (where did that ancient idea come from). Why wait until halftime to make adjustments, the game could be over by then. The really good coaches (defensive and offensive) start making adjustments as soon as they see what the other team is doing. The OC I want hired is the guy who spots a weakness in the defense, and immediately calls a play to attack that weakness. Or he sees a trend, defensively, and calls plays to make them pay for that predictable pattern. My complaint with Anae is I didn't see much of this, he just kept calling the same old, standard, predictable plays that everyone knew were coming. I want an offensive genius calling the plays.
R
runbyu1
bball wrote:
It's been interesting watching the bowl games this year, including the Rose Bowl. It's obvious that the better teams are making "adjustments" almost immediately in the game, they don't wait until halftime (where did that ancient idea come from). Why wait until halftime to make adjustments, the game could be over by then. The really good coaches (defensive and offensive) start making adjustments as soon as they see what the other team is doing. The OC I want hired is the guy who spots a weakness in the defense, and immediately calls a play to attack that weakness. Or he sees a trend, defensively, and calls plays to make them pay for that predictable pattern. My complaint with Anae is I didn't see much of this, he just kept calling the same old, standard, predictable plays that everyone knew were coming. I want an offensive genius calling the plays.


A HUGE AMEN to this!
Advertisement
P
ProV1
bball wrote:
The OC I want hired is the guy who spots a weakness in the defense, and immediately calls a play to attack that weakness. Or he sees a trend, defensively, and calls plays to make them pay for that predictable pattern. My complaint with Anae is I didn't see much of this, he just kept calling the same old, standard, predictable plays that everyone knew were coming. I want an offensive genius calling the plays.

The real secret is to have a QB that can do this with audibles play by play. I think we have one talented and smart enough to do this but might need a few more years and a million more reps to pull it off successfully.
J
jonnylingo
bball wrote:
It's been interesting watching the bowl games this year, including the Rose Bowl. It's obvious that the better teams are making "adjustments" almost immediately in the game, they don't wait until halftime (where did that ancient idea come from). Why wait until halftime to make adjustments, the game could be over by then. The really good coaches (defensive and offensive) start making adjustments as soon as they see what the other team is doing. The OC I want hired is the guy who spots a weakness in the defense, and immediately calls a play to attack that weakness. Or he sees a trend, defensively, and calls plays to make them pay for that predictable pattern. My complaint with Anae is I didn't see much of this, he just kept calling the same old, standard, predictable plays that everyone knew were coming. I want an offensive genius calling the plays.


Great points. I think that is a main reason anae is gone. He was not good at that.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.