hawkwing wrote:
So you're problem is that SDSU is recruiting one of our recruits? That makes us bad? It's not like we've lost a recruit to SDSU, but that they've realized we recruit better than they do, so they're going after guys we've identified.
I don't see how anyone with any ounce of truth in their body can look at our recruiting classes over the last several years and say we're on par with SDSU. More like USC, Notre Dame, etc.
As for the Bronco press release what release are you talking about? If it's this one http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=14845" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (which is the only BYU press release about the matter) then yes, it is extremely classy.
That is the one. Cougar Blue tweeted mr a link to it and that was why I mentioned it.
Hawk - I am not in the slightest way suggesting that SDSU is on a recruiting Par with BYU although they are on the rise for the moment.
I thought I was really clear. Let me try again. The BYU 2010 recruiting class, although still not on par with Florida, ND, USC, Ohio State, etc. typical classes, was by far the best class BYU has ever had and thus was a pleasant anomaly for us. The BYU 2011 class does not measure up to the 2010 class in quantity or quality. It is a solid, but small class with the typical shortcomings - no likely 1st round NFL receivers, DBs, or RBs.
I am happy with who BYU is and realize that wexwill rarely get those players. To be even clearer Unga and Staley barely made the NFL. Other than Young and McMahon, our best QBs rarely start and less frequently star. Other than Collie, name a BYU WR that stated in the NFL. OL us different. Ironically, our RB that went nowhere with Dallas before Iakland made him one of the greatest tight ends of all time, seems to be despised on here.
I am ok with who we are. We accomplish a lot with what little we have. That is why I try to be respectful if our players and coaches. You didn't hear me calling anyone an idiot or incompetent or undeserving if a D1 scholarship, etc.
I just keep calling for a manageable schedule with 1 for 1 and a little good fortune.
If we lose a recruit to SDSU - we will survive. I would rather be losing a few **** or ***** to elite programs with a class so loaded that it still ended up ranked. But that brings it's own set of problems and I am happy with who we are.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ] 
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">