Archived Topic

2011 Prediction of first 5 games

by jonnylingo · 12/29/2010

Advertisement
S
scott715
My prediction is 4-0! So there Krag-face.
B
blue42
jonnylingo wrote:
Kragthorpe is optimistic about BYU as usual.



http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50953074-76/utah-jazz-utes-2011.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


In 2011, the Cougars could start 0-4 against Mississippi, Texas, Utah and Central Florida. I’ll go with 1-3 again, followed by an upset of USU.


So he is saying if BYU beats USU it will be an upset? What a wiener.
S
SpiffCoug
blue42 wrote:
Kragthorpe is optimistic about BYU as usual.



http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50953074-76/utah-jazz-utes-2011.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


In 2011, the Cougars could start 0-4 against Mississippi, Texas, Utah and Central Florida. I’ll go with 1-3 again, followed by an upset of USU.


So he is saying if BYU beats USU it will be an upset? What a wiener.

Ha! Good one.



I wonder if the Aggie fans who show up in Provo will start chanting overrated when we beat them by 30 next year.
C
CougarClaw
Lose to Mississippi and UCF. Win at Texas and Yewtah and Yewtah State



3-2.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Lose to UCF in Provo? I don't think so. I see 4-0 much more likely than 0-4. I don't think we'll be either, but undefeated is much more possible than winless.



But predicting an undefeated BYU team probably get as many page visits as predicting a winless BYU team.
B
bball
Ole Miss will be breaking in a new, young QB, Ole Miss was not bad this year, but not great either. I think we beat Ole Miss.



This was the year to beat Texas, they had a down year too, next year is hard to know. It will be tough beating Texas in Austin, but it's possible. Texas has a lot of players back.



Psychologically, BYU should beat Utah next year; they actually beat them in every category except the scoreboard, and but for awful play calling, BYU would have beat Utah this year too. Heaps knows what to expect, we have our entire offense back, game is played at LES--BYU wins.



Don't know anything about Central Florida next year, but they have to come to Provo.



BYU will be 3-1 after four games next year.
S
SpiffCoug
Ole Miss was 4-8 last year. That's a bad year in my book.
C
Cougarbib
On a truly neutral field, even early in the season, BYU would start 3-1 or if a bit of luck, 4-0. Unfortunately we are at Texas and Ole Miss and homefield doesn't matter much with the Utes.



BYU could win them all and should be competitive in them all - but there are some 40-60 and 50-50 and 60-40 games in there and the odds likely catch up to BYU to some degree. But I am thinking 2-2 or better. But 0-4 could be very possible or even likely if Heaps gets injured in ones on ones drills in practice or due to a blind side (great movie) hit if Reynolds is in the NFL or sick and injured like 2010.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CougarPeasant
Cougarbib2 wrote:
On a truly neutral field, even early in the season, BYU would start 3-1 or if a bit of luck, 4-0. Unfortunately we are at Texas and Ole Miss and homefield doesn't matter much with the Utes.



BYU could win them all and should be competitive in them all - but there are some 40-60 and 50-50 and 60-40 games in there and the odds likely catch up to BYU to some degree. But I am thinking 2-2 or better. But 0-4 could be very possible or even likely if Heaps gets injured in ones on ones drills in practice or due to a blind side (great movie) hit if Reynolds is in the NFL or sick and injured like 2010.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




I think it's possible they could go 1-3 as well.



There, do we have it covered???? Way to step out there with your prediction. ;)
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
5-0, on the way to 12-0
R
radius19
5-0 as well... they better win in Austin because the wife, baby and I are planning on traveling down there for the game! I am excited to be in that stadium and watch a bunch of burnt orange longhorns get stunned. Stunned maybe is too strong of a word after what the witnessed this year.
R
runbyu1
Ole Miss: Breaking in a new QB, coming off a tough year. I'd say this one is 80/20 in BYU's favor. 1-0



Texas: Breaking in new coaches and a whole new defense but returning good talent, also in Austin. I think this game is 50/50. I'll say 1-1 or 2-0



Utah: This game is ALWAYS 50/50 no matter what or where but I really don't think Jake Heaps loses to BYU ever again. 3-0 or 2-1



CFU: At Home, coming from Florida---Again 80/20 in BYU's favor.



3-1 or 4-0 seems most logical to me...
J
jonnylingo
blue42 wrote:
Kragthorpe is optimistic about BYU as usual.



http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50953074-76/utah-jazz-utes-2011.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


In 2011, the Cougars could start 0-4 against Mississippi, Texas, Utah and Central Florida. I’ll go with 1-3 again, followed by an upset of USU.


So he is saying if BYU beats USU it will be an upset? What a wiener.


Yous said exactly what I was thinking.
J
jonnylingo
Cougarbib2 wrote:
But 0-4 could be very possible or even likely if Heaps gets injured in ones on ones drills in practice or due to a blind side (great movie) hit if Reynolds is in the NFL or sick and injured like 2010.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Sometimes I wonder if you wish this to happen the way you are constantly throwing it around.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
runbyu1 wrote:
Ole Miss: Breaking in a new QB, coming off a tough year. I'd say this one is 80/20 in BYU's favor. 1-0



Texas: Breaking in new coaches and a whole new defense but returning good talent, also in Austin. I think this game is 50/50. I'll say 1-1 or 2-0



Utah: This game is ALWAYS 50/50 no matter what or where but I really don't think Jake Heaps loses to BYU ever again. 3-0 or 2-1



CFU: At Home, coming from Florida---Again 80/20 in BYU's favor.



3-1 or 4-0 seems most logical to me...


Ole Miss 60/40 for byu

texas 50/50 byu

utah/70/30 byu (we will beat them by two touchdowns next year) 8)

ucf 65/35 byu (they are better then you think)



utah state 100/0 for byu. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Y
YBrit
kitic77 wrote:
Ole Miss was 4-8 last year. That's a bad year in my book.




Those are ridiculous standards :lol:
S
SpiffCoug
YBrit wrote:
Ole Miss was 4-8 last year. That's a bad year in my book.




Those are ridiculous standards :lol:

I know, huh? I have impossibly high standards.
C
Cougarbib
CP



Read carefully. It is not a neutral field and Heaps is not injured. I predicted 2-2 at worst, and I will add, most likely as well. Ask me again when I know who us coaching. But I do not see 4-0 as very likely at all 5-10%

3-1 has 40% chance.



2-2 has 50% chance



Less than 2-2 is not very likely at all 5-10% chance



If you want to improve your forecasting ability, you might want to acknowledge a range of outcomes with varying probabilities - rarely 0% - exist.



I pegged a 90% chance that it is 2-2 or 3-1.



Did u post something mire precise or were u just being a bit of an arse?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
jonnylingo wrote:
But 0-4 could be very possible or even likely if Heaps gets injured in ones on ones drills in practice or due to a blind side (great movie) hit if Reynolds is in the NFL or sick and injured like 2010.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Sometimes I wonder if you wish this to happen the way you are constantly throwing it around.

I throw it around for the fools that just assume it won't happen and don't take steps to be prepared. It is a luxury, and BYU has been fortunate as of late, to have a QB go 1 season uninjured let alone 3 or 4. So my reminders are for that vocal few that keep encouraging Nelson, lark, and Munns to switch positions or transfer. I have seen the 5th string BYU QB win the MVP award in the Bowl game after three ahead of him got injured after 1 transferred. Two injuries on back-to-back plays iirc - Steve Clements.



I want to see Jake Heaps healthy through NFL retirement - but stuff happens. Iirc, Heaps played the Utah game with a rib injury.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.