Sno - why the nitpicking over semantics? Yes he and I both know that only the football team is independent. But that football independence was the catalyst for almost all other sports ending up in the WCC.
You may recall, that some people opined, that football coaches were happy with Independence and what that would bring - probably not thinking about job security and pressure to go to the next level - I digress TIC
But it was stated that the coaches of the other sports were concerned that what was food for football had bad implications for their sports.
I am just sharing that someone on the baseball team that expects to be in a very visible role this season, has told me that based on his discussions with teammates, the players are happy with the new affiliation and the competition that comes with it.
Neither he, nor I, ever thought the baseball team had gone independent.
Hopefully this clears that distraction up and can change the discussion back to the positive sentiment on the baseball team.
Have you - or others - heard the same? Opposite? How about the other non-football sports? How bout basketball?
Has football independence ultimately helped or hurt the other sports or made no difference at all?
Aloha
BTW - not believing everything I read has turned out to be pretty good advice so far.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ] 
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">