Archived Topic

Pitta and Collie out with serious concussions

by CougarClaw · 12/28/2010

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
doh.



So much for our golden childs.



yes I just said childes.

Collie is out with his third (done for the season, maybe time to retire?) and Pitta got his on a kickoff return this last Sunday.
G
Guest
man, rough year for Pro Cougars.
S
SpiffCoug
Maybe they need to start making the helmets softer instead of harder. What if they were rubberized on the outside?
C
CannonCougar85
For the record Collie has only received 2 concussions this season. He took himself out of a 3rd game because he didn't feel right.
B
BroncoBot
kitic77 wrote:
Maybe they need to start making the helmets softer instead of harder. What if they were rubberized on the outside?

Would that cause too much of an elastic collision? I'm imagining two of those elastic bouncy balls bouncing off each other and I wouldn't want my brain in either of them.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
declocoug wrote:
Maybe they need to start making the helmets softer instead of harder. What if they were rubberized on the outside?

Would that cause too much of an elastic collision? I'm imagining two of those elastic bouncy balls bouncing off each other and I wouldn't want my brain in either of them.

yeah, but i think they need to do something, in addition to getting defenders from leading with their heads, launching off the ground and using their heads as a means to tackle.



Could they make "disposable" helmets? Something that would crumple like a crash zone and then would be replaceable? Could they make it cost effective enough?
B
BroncoBot
kitic77 wrote:
kitic77 wrote:
Maybe they need to start making the helmets softer instead of harder. What if they were rubberized on the outside?

Would that cause too much of an elastic collision? I'm imagining two of those elastic bouncy balls bouncing off each other and I wouldn't want my brain in either of them.

yeah, but i think they need to do something, in addition to getting defenders from leading with their heads, launching off the ground and using their heads as a means to tackle.



Could they make "disposable" helmets? Something that would crumple like a crash zone and then would be replaceable? Could they make it cost effective enough?

or small enough? crumpling would need space to operate before coming in contact with skin/bone. And these guys don't need bigger heads, they're already full of themselves. ;)
U
urroner
declocoug wrote:
And these guys don't need bigger heads, they're already full of themselves. ;)


Talk about being full of oneself, have you seen schmoe lately? :whistle:
D
Ddawg
I have loved watching Austin Collie play for the Colts. Today's game - Colts vs. Jets @ 8 PM ET is HUGE!! I wish Austin was playing. The game won't be the same for mer w/ out Collie. I think the Jets have a solid chance to win this one.



As for me - I will be pulling for the Colts - even without Collie. Let's go Colts!!!! (They wear blue ya know!! LOL!!)

8)
U
Ungoy
Ddawg wrote:
I have loved watching Austin Collie play for the Colts. Today's game - Colts vs. Jets @ 8 PM ET is HUGE!! I wish Austin was playing. The game won't be the same for mer w/ out Collie. I think the Jets have a solid chance to win this one.



As for me - I will be pulling for the Colts - even without Collie. Let's go Colts!!!! (They wear blue ya know!! LOL!!)

8)


That there was a prophecy come true. Jets edge out Colts. I think the result would've been different with a healthy Austin Collie to throw to. The Colts have been a different team when he's been out.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
It sounds strange, but Collie needs to be a little less fearless. There are a lot of plays over the middle where other receivers, even very good ones, will pull up or get alligator arms, but not our boy Collie, he launches himself in there to make the reception no matter what. If he wants to have a CAREER in the NFL, he needs to be able to read when that safety is coming over to just destroy him and adjust accordingly.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.