Archived Topic

Boise St. vs. Yewts - Who?

by Ddawg · 12/22/2010

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
It's finally here. Today the Maaco Las Vegas Bowl @ Sam Boyd Stadium, Yewtah vs. Boise St. December 22, Wed., 6 PM.



The Broncos & Yewts have played each other 6 times. Boise St. leads the series 4-2. The last time Yewtah beat the Broncos was in 1987 (31-27). Boise St. has won 3 straight.



I thought I would never cheer for Boise St. I always pulled for the MWC "represent" and the Utah/Wasatch front homer attitude. But, all connections are now gone. No Wasatch loyalty!!



The MWC relationship no longer exists. Yewtah is now PAC-? and we are Independent. Also, we are competing for the same top "in state" athletes. I want a royal beat down on National TV for the Yewts. I would find great satisfaction watching their silent fans in the stands. It will make our dominant win in New Mexico look that much better. It will help the Cougs recruiting in state.



So - Go Broncos!!! Go Boise St.!!! 8)
Y
Ygridiron4ever
For all the reasons you listed, I hope TCU is thoroughly embarrassed in the Rose Bowl. Screw 'em!



My quandary with the Las Vegas bowl is; does it make our 1-point loss to Utah look even better if they beat Boise?

And the Broncos get so much love, I hate that they are mentioned in the same breath as BYU.

But Max Hall and I share a hatred for the Utes. I just don't know who to cheer for.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
YBrit
Ygridiron4ever wrote:
For all the reasons you listed, I hope TCU is thoroughly embarrassed in the Rose Bowl. Screw 'em!



My quandary with the Las Vegas bowl is; does it make our 1-point loss to Utah look even better if they beat Boise?

And the Broncos get so much love, I hate that they are mentioned in the same breath as BYU.

But Max Hall and I share a hatred for the Utes. I just don't know who to cheer for.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


You never EVER cheer for utah in any sport EVER. Clarified?





BYU and refs took an EASY win away for BYU, and coaches are in trouble for that, don't worry about that game since someone else is handling it, worry about the Ole Miss opener, and BYU winning their games. NEVER EVER cheer for utah, it won't make us look better. In fact there are two schools of thought

1-if utah wins it's because they are pac-12 "material" (organic material and eco friendly)

2-if utah loses it's because they weren't into the bowl game since they are pac-12 "material" (homo friendly)





So basically utah can't lose, why cheer for them for us? Makes no sense.
F
Florwood
Since they'll be playing us the next few years, and will likely be our main competition in BCS$worthiness, I say let them win every game they play, except the one they play against us. We need all the SOS and credibility help we can get.
M
mizzoucoug
I don't think it matters what people's motivations are here. The fact of the matter is Boise should absolutely dismantle Utah. The Utes only saving grace is if BSU doesn't get up for it because it's a small bowl--but I don't see that happening. Just think about it...these 2 teams are not evenly matched.



BSU 59

Uties 14
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
mizzoucoug wrote:
I don't think it matters what people's motivations are here. The fact of the matter is Boise should absolutely dismantle Utah. The Utes only saving grace is if BSU doesn't get up for it because it's a small bowl--but I don't see that happening. Just think about it...these 2 teams are not evenly matched.



BSU 59

Uties 14




Ya, I think the Donkeys will pulverize the yewts. But of course...I thought the same thing about Bama...
Y
Ygridiron4ever
YBrit wrote:

....I just don't know who to cheer for.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


You never EVER cheer for utah in any sport EVER. Clarified? .....


I mis-typed. I meant to write: I don't know which team to cheer against most aggressively.



Tonight I will fall asleep with a smile on my face if Utah gets thrashed.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
Just checked the latest Las Vegas betting line.

Boise St. is favored from 16.5 to 17 points.

I think the Broncos will win by a bit more!! Hopefully!!!
C
cougman
Ygridiron4ever wrote:
For all the reasons you listed, I hope TCU is thoroughly embarrassed in the Rose Bowl. Screw 'em!



My quandary with the Las Vegas bowl is; does it make our 1-point loss to Utah look even better if they beat Boise?

And the Broncos get so much love, I hate that they are mentioned in the same breath as BYU.

But Max Hall and I share a hatred for the Utes. I just don't know who to cheer for.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Why do so many people around here get so upset that Boise is mentioned in the same breath as BYU or that their credibility has risen immensely over the past 10 years while ours has just stayed about the same? We should always remember the past (1984) and be proud of it, but dang, the last 10 years for us have been decent at best while the last 10 years for them haven't been decent.
Y
Ygridiron4ever
cougman wrote:



Why do so many people around here get so upset that Boise is mentioned in the same breath as BYU or that their credibility has risen immensely over the past 10 years while ours has just stayed about the same? We should always remember the past (1984) and be proud of it, but dang, the last 10 years for us have been decent at best while the last 10 years for them haven't been decent.

good question. I guess in the end it's not the media love that bugs me. Boise State has a lot to be proud of.

It's the people who try to make their current status better than ours ever was; the ones who use all sorts of excuses to discount what we did.

In the end I want the other schools like Boise to come close, but to not get the national championship or the Heisman Trophy, etc.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
byutx
If there were a way for Utah to lose by a score of zero to minus-1, that's what I'd cheer for.



I'm just going to sit back and watch the massacre.



BSU used JUST 6 of their allotted practices-not a good idea when playing Utah, who works and schemes harder than almost any other bowl team. BSU usually is one of those teams that preps and overachieves more than Utah, but I have to wonder how the lack of preparation will effect them. I wouldn't be surprised to see BSU to play like TCU did in their last two bowl games: just show up and you'll win because you're better than them. Hope I'm wrong. If this happens, I could see a score around 24-23 for Utah.



I really hate both these teams.



BSU 45 Utah 16
G
Guest
Just 6 of their practices? We used more than that and had much less time. Even when we got all over Bronco for not using all of his practices before the LV Bowl I think he used 9 or 10.



I'm pretty shocked by this. What else do they have to do? Schoolwork? Hah!
B
byutx
hawkwing wrote:
Just 6 of their practices? We used more than that and had much less time. Even when we got all over Bronco for not using all of his practices before the LV Bowl I think he used 9 or 10.



I'm pretty shocked by this. What else do they have to do? Schoolwork? Hah!

Yep. I couldn't believe it. They talked about it on both 1280 and 1320 (I'm in town for the holidays). It was supposedly to give them time to prepare for and take their finals. Who knew trucking courses took so much time?!?
C
CougarPeasant
There's a game tonight? In Vegas? Who knew.
1
1967cougar
mizzoucoug wrote:
I don't think it matters what people's motivations are here. The fact of the matter is Boise should absolutely dismantle Utah. The Utes only saving grace is if BSU doesn't get up for it because it's a small bowl--but I don't see that happening. Just think about it...these 2 teams are not evenly matched.



BSU 59

Uties 14


I'm with you, missoucoug. I'm sick of listening to the talk shows and their puking Puke bias. "Nevada beat Boise and Utah is as good as Nevada." Bull crap. TCU thrashed the Pukes, and Boise is as good as TCU! You never hear it put that way. The only thing I have against your prediction, missou, is that I would hate to see the Pukes get that 14 points.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.