Archived Topic

weber st v BYU game thread

by CougarClaw · 12/22/2010

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
Both sides shooting ice cold.



BYu has done nothing but feed Davies. He's gone 1-4 and has all of BYU's first 3 points (including a +1 play)
C
CougarPeasant
it was a slow start, but now the team's up by 17 with less than 4 mins in the half. Too much defense for the wildcats to handle.
C
CougarPeasant
and a furious finish to close the half favors WSU as the edge to within 12 of BYU.
G
GolfDiveNCougs
Do the lowly Wildcats not merit a live chat? Or is Hawk out on a date tonight?
C
CougarPeasant
35-23 BYU at half time



Sloppy and streaky shooting by the Cougars have kept this game closer than it should be right now.
Advertisement
I
Italics
this is a lot of what we've been seeing all season so far: Great defense and sloppy/streakish offense



I'd really love to see Jimmer take it to the hoop more
C
CougarPeasant
funniest line of the night by the WSU homer commentators. Fredette isn't a good outside shooter.
I
Italics
CougarPeasant wrote:
funniest line of the night by the WSU homer commentators. Fredette isn't a good outside shooter.


In related news, they think they've been commentating the Washington State basketball games for the last five years...
M
mizzoucoug
Just started watching and the offense can work through Hartsock if he's posted up but he should not be taking all these jumpers for us.
C
CougarClaw
Davies has 10. Seems like he has more. At least he's staying out of trouble with ONLY 2 fouls.
Advertisement
I
Italics
mizzoucoug wrote:
Just started watching and the offense can work through Hartsock if he's posted up but he should not be taking all these jumpers for us.


We don't have an inside game. This is nothing new. It's just become more obvious this year b/c we don't have good shooters to bail us out.
I
Italics
Fredette + Davies = the Cougar offense
I
Italics
have our guys heard of a pick and roll? it's been killing us the last two games.
M
mizzoucoug
KC can't shoot. So if Emery is cold (which is always this year) then it's pretty much the Jimmer show, yeah...since we all know Charles only takes about 2 shots per game for some reason.
I
Italics
our offense is going to be a shell of itself next year.



Besides Jimmer, we have no shooters this year and very few good FT shooters.



I hope you were all paying attention earlier to my "who is Jimmer going to dish it to?" post. Have you been paying attention to what happens when Jimmer dishes to wide open cougars in this game?
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
LOL this is a team we should beat by 30 with significant contributions from everyone in the starting lineup. All I've seen since watching this half is Jimmer launching 3's and Jimmer going to the rack and passing the ball to guys who have peed their pants because they're not in the Marriott Center being cheered for. Pathetic.
C
CougarClaw
weber pulls within 5 with some huge 3 pt shooting.



Is now a good time to mention they're without their top scorer?
C
CougarClaw
after shooting 100% fts in this game.



BYU goes 1-6 fts. this is painful.
I
Italics
CougarClaw wrote:



Is now a good time to mention they're without their top scorer?


The only thing that makes me mad is that I was one of the first to point out early in the season for BOTH football and basketball that our teams had some serious issues that had to be fixed if we wanted to keep winning and playing well.



Both times I was called "negative" and preached at constantly about how elite we were and about how I was being too pessimistic.



All I can say is at least I know my stuff. Some people just see a "W" and figure everything must be good.
M
mizzoucoug
Our team plain SUCKS at shooting Free Throws. Almost all of you guys are slow white boys but you're playing D1 Basketball...how can you not make FT's!!!
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.