Archived Topic

One offensive change I'd like to see

by SpiffCoug · 12/21/2010

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Is fewer formations. I'd like to us to not tip our hands so much with our formation. Let us pick a base formation and run all our plays out of that same formation. Make it a little more difficult to pick out what we're trying to do.



Right now I think we have too many formations. Shotgun split backs, shotgun single back, shotgun double tight, I-formation, pro-set, 5WR, etc.



Pick one (I kind of like the pro-set) and run just about everything from that one.
Y
YBrit
I'd like to see more players strength formations. IE Heaps loves being under center and rolling out-hence what they finally allowed him to do at the bowl, then he quickly dumped it off, but with more experience it'll be better.
S
stuckinbig10country
I disagree to a point. I would like to continue to see multiple formations in an attempt to try and exploit potential match-ups. However, I would like to see using the same play out of multiple formations more.



For example, I-formation meant either a run, and usually between the guards, or play action pass. That is 99% or 100% of what has been run out of that formation, and not just this year. It would be great to line up in that formation and run a 3 step drop slant, especially with Heaps' arm.



I would also like to see more motion from the receivers across the formation to help the QB with reads and also to get some favorable match-ups.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.