Archived Topic

Harmon article

by Lawboy · 12/21/2010

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
If you have not read Harmon's latest, read it. Quite the read. And indictment.



Also, it points out that Anae was not hired by Bronco, but by Fred Skousen, then acting AD, and University VP. He took that role during the search to replace Val Hale. Some of you disgreed with me when I said Bronco did not hire Anae. Here is the proof.



"I think Mendenhall will replace offensive coordinator Robert Anae, a coach hired by the 2005 acting athletic director, then-university vice president Fred Skousen, before Mendenhall was hired."



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700093609/Right-time-for-BYU-changes.html?pg=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
F
frdbtr
I have beat this drum all night and all day since I heard the news about the offensive staff at BYU. This move is less about x's and o's and more about mindset. Bronco wants guys that coach like him. Doman is that guy, he will be the next OC. I would be shocked if he were not the OC when all is said and done. Doman will get the offense playing with a fanatical effort, just like bronco does with the D. Yes, execution will be important but our offense has had a laxidasical(sp?) attitude way too often over the last few years. Anae is the reason this is the case. The team and the offense takes on the identity of the coach and the defense plays tough hard nosed fanatical football. The offense, too often in the past, has not.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.