Archived Topic

What Traits is Bronco Looking for in his new OC

by byucougar1 · 12/21/2010

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Given how Mendenhall changed the tone of the defense after the USU debacle, I believe he wants to establish this same trait in the offense (i.e. a creative, agressive offensive staff that has the same energy level that he instilled in his defense post Hill firing).
L
Lawboy
The ones Brandon Doman has: young, fiery, intelligent, respected, and able to adjust on the fly. I think the job is already his.
S
SpiffCoug
One of the easier ways for Bronco to have the offense become "fiery, agrressive, creative, etc." is to become involved in the offense. It will be tough given his dual role as DC, but maybe a Bronco-led offensive practice every other week or so could help accomplish that.
B
Brayden Green
kitic77 wrote:
One of the easier ways for Bronco to have the offense become "fiery, agrressive, creative, etc." is to become involved in the offense. It will be tough given his dual role as DC, but maybe a Bronco-led offensive practice every other week or so could help accomplish that.


Or, get someone as competitive as he is (read:Doman) to smash up with him all week, and try and out strategize each other.
S
SpiffCoug
BlueIsBetter wrote:
One of the easier ways for Bronco to have the offense become "fiery, agrressive, creative, etc." is to become involved in the offense. It will be tough given his dual role as DC, but maybe a Bronco-led offensive practice every other week or so could help accomplish that.


Or, get someone as competitive as he is (read:Doman) to smash up with him all week, and try and out strategize each other.

I still would like to see Bronco more involved with the offense, regardless of whom he hires.
Advertisement
P
ProV1
Someone who understands and promotes the LDS culture, understands RMs and everything associated with them, is willing to accept football as fifth, and can match his aggression on defense. Those is the traits, as you say, in my opinion.
L
Lawboy
All I can say is that I like hearing about the 1s vs 1s in practice later in the season this year. Talk about promoting healthy competition. Seeing Bronco and Doman go up against each other would be good for both, as well as the O and he D. Scout teams still matter, but competition sets a tone. I expect to see it again next year too.
Y
YBrit
Lawboy wrote:
The ones Brandon Doman has: young, fiery, intelligent, respected, and able to adjust on the fly. I think the job is already his.


good sense of humor?
M
Mingjai
I hope Bronco is looking for someone who knows offensive systems, strategies, and tactics and can work well with position coaches. Unlike the defense, where Bronco can be both the Xs and Os person as well as the drill sergeant, on offense, the most Bronco can be is drill sergeant. He needs a coach who understands the offensive football better than anyone else around.



As long as the offensive coordinator get along well with the position coaches, he can rely on the position coaches to fire up the offense while he is concerned with creating game plans and calling plays.



BYU needs a personable offensive genius...
C
CrimsonCoug
Mingjai wrote:
BYU needs a personable offensive genius...


...not named Gary Crowton?
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
Lawboy wrote:
The ones Brandon Doman has: young, fiery, intelligent, respected, and able to adjust on the fly. I think the job is already his.


Except for the "young" part I think Detmer fits this to a tee as well. I loved when he told off the ref. And I especially loved it when he would run down after a TD and hit the scorer harder than a LB. It was great!
Y
Y 4 Ever
Lawboy wrote:
The ones Brandon Doman has: young, fiery, intelligent, respected, and able to adjust on the fly. I think the job is already his.


The question is, does he still want it?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.