Archived Topic

How would you describe today's announcements?

by SpiffCoug · 12/21/2010

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I don't think the offense is going to change all that much.
G
Guest
It really is too early to tell, it depends on how many of the positions are filled with new bodies.
C
CougarPeasant
If BYU gets a new OC, then it's an overhaul. Otherwise, it's just a tune up if other positions are reassigned.



Since I believe Anae moves on, I call it an overhaul.
P
ProV1
I would describe it as: Bronco is dead serious about winning
D
Ddawg
ProV1 wrote:
I would describe it as: Bronco is dead serious about winning


Bingo!! +1 Bam!
Advertisement
B
byutx
kitic77 wrote:
I don't think the offense is going to change all that much.


2/5 gone (Anae, Higgins)

1 or 2 to new positions with new and/or different responsibilities (Doman as OC, Reynolds perhaps as co-OC)

2 Big names coming in (Cahoon-almost certain-and Detmer?)



I think this is as close to a complete overhual as you can get
C
Cougs_Rule
We may look great with all 8 cylinders working together the last several games (nothwithstanding ANAE giving away the utah game AND his JOB!), But in truth, Anae has always been like low octane gas; the kind that causes lead/corrosion to build up. BRONCO IS SICK OF IT and so are most of us.

Overhaul--even though Kitic is probably right about a fair number of plays not going away.
Y
YBrit
I've been saying since 2006, BYU is limited and will need to maximize ingenuity and creativity to help them beat teams they don't match up well against. BS has that, and BYU had it during the 80s when Lavell changed the face of college football. Independence is the new vehicle for Bronco to change it again.
F
frdbtr
I think the bottom line is, Bronco hired a staff and expected them to prepare the team the same way he would if he were doing it. Both offensive and defensive coaches failed miserably at it. Hill was fired and Bronco fixed the defense. 2 weeks later Bronco has to hold a "come to jesus" meeting with the offense to get them where they need to be.



I think that Brandon Doman is a Bronco Mendenhall type of coach. I think it has little to do with play calling. Brandon is a young, intense coach that coaches with the same mindset and philosophy as Bronco. This is why I think he will be the next OC, and frankly, is being groomed to take over the program when Bronco retires.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.