Archived Topic

Bronco Fires Offensive Staff

by mraven · 12/20/2010

Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
wow, the entire offensive staff is gone. All will have to reapply.
G
Guest
Wow, didn't expect this!
L
Lawboy
I like the approach. Shakes things up. At the end of the day, I see a couple guys keeping jobs if htey want them--Doman, Reynolds and probably Weber. Doman may get promoted, maybe not. But he will stay.



This is a save face for Anae and Higgins. Instead of singling them out, they get to leave without it looking like those two were simply not asked to return. Coach Anae in particlaur. This is nothing more than that.



Worst kept secret for several weeks.
C
CougarClaw
"Brandon Doman is best QB coach in the country..."



FIRED.



if that wasn't incredibly ironic, it'd be funny.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
He will also reapply and get rehired as OC or QB, count on it. It was a fair move to release them all and start over.
B
byutx
In the end, the only ones "Fired" will be Anae, Higgins
S
SpiffCoug
So was this Bronco's way of calling everyone out without calling them out individually. To me he just told every offensive coach their performance the first 7-8 games was completely unacceptable and there are consequences for atrocious decisions.



The Offensive Coordinator was overseeing the worst offense in more than 30 years the first 7-8 games.

The Quarterback Coach was coaching a QB to be the worst QB ever in BYU history the first 7-8 games.

The Offensive Line Coach was coaching an OL that was leaking like a sieve in protecting the QB the first 7-8 games.

The WR Coach had receivers dropping footballs as if they were coated with anthrax the first 7-8 games.

The TE Coach never got the TEs to perform to an acceptable level.



While nearly every one of the position groups changed things the last 5-6 games, the staff was a complete failure before that. Each of them failed to one degree or another and there were consequences for doing so. Some may be retained, some won't.



Those I think will be retained: Doman, & Weber.

Those I think won't be retained: Anae & Higgins.

Those I'm not sure about: Reynolds.
A
a1247
I dont like the Idea of releasing both Reynolds and Doman. Reynolds I hope has been pulled aside and told he has a job. The running backs were never the problem this year and he is the only hold over that I can think of from the LE erea. Doman has now created a bond with Heaps I would hate to lose him. I hope that those that needed to leave go but those that we all want to see stay. And have been pulled aside and reafirmed that there jobs are still going to be there for them next week.
B
BigCougsFan
Is this a way for Reynolds to retire?



Wow this is shocking to boot them all



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Guest
a1247 wrote:
I dont like the Idea of releasing both Reynolds and Doman. Reynolds I hope has been pulled aside and told he has a job. The running backs were never the problem this year and he is the only hold over that I can think of from the LE erea. Doman has now created a bond with Heaps I would hate to lose him. I hope that those that needed to leave go but those that we all want to see stay. And have been pulled aside and reafirmed that there jobs are still going to be there for them next week.


You make a great point here, literally only one position group did well all year long, and that was the RBs. Without JJ we wouldn't have even had an offense the first 6 games.
C
CougarPeasant
That is a face saving approach if I ever saw one, but only if you read between the lines. Besides Doman, wonder who else will throw their hat in the ring for the open OC position. This does allow Cahoon to apply for the receivers' coaching position.



Any word on whether Bronco will hire a new defensive backs coach?
C
CougarClaw
a1247 wrote:
I dont like the Idea of releasing both Reynolds and Doman. Reynolds I hope has been pulled aside and told he has a job. The running backs were never the problem this year and he is the only hold over that I can think of from the LE erea. Doman has now created a bond with Heaps I would hate to lose him. I hope that those that needed to leave go but those that we all want to see stay. And have been pulled aside and reafirmed that there jobs are still going to be there for them next week.


Yeah, how awesome would this move be when both Reynolds and Doman take jobs at the :utard: or somewhere else when in fact Bronco wanted them back all along.



And by using the word "awesome" I mean, NOT awesome and NOT cool.
A
a1247
BigCougsFan wrote:
Is this a way for Reynolds to retire?



Wow this is shocking to boot them all



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




He doesnt deserve to be forced into retirment. Im not a fan of this treatment of him at all!
M
mraven
I hope whomever they choose to replace Anae is from inside, or if not, at least has a very similar offense to the one we currently use. I'd hate to think our offensive players have to learn a completely new system, especially with how front-loaded our schedule is next year.
Advertisement
G
Guest
This may be a way to judge just how interested guys like Cahoon and Detmer really are in joining the program.



Imagine if they fired Anae and Higgins, but then no body wanted the jobs...
A
a1247
CougarClaw wrote:
I dont like the Idea of releasing both Reynolds and Doman. Reynolds I hope has been pulled aside and told he has a job. The running backs were never the problem this year and he is the only hold over that I can think of from the LE erea. Doman has now created a bond with Heaps I would hate to lose him. I hope that those that needed to leave go but those that we all want to see stay. And have been pulled aside and reafirmed that there jobs are still going to be there for them next week.


Yeah, how awesome would this move be when both Reynolds and Doman take jobs at the :utard: or somewhere else when in fact Bronco wanted them back all along.



And by using the word "awesome" I mean, NOT awesome and NOT cool.




NITWHIT tryed to get Reynolds once before right after he and Bronco were hired. This might be a good reason for him to leave :sulk:



Another firing that I dont understand is Weber. The oline was better than average once they knew who they were blocking for. I.E a pocket passer or a running QB.
B
byutx
Let's just all settle down. Nobody knows much. I certainly doubt that Reynolds is being forced out. I guarantee that Doman is not. When the dust settles, I'd bet my right...um...pinky that you'll see Doman, Reynolds (and maybe Webber) stay, with Cahoon and Detmer coming on to coach WR's and QB's.
C
CougarClaw
hawkwing wrote:



Imagine if they fired Anae and Higgins, but then no body wanted the jobs...


I don't see this happening. We have too much going for us and yes, the job doesn't pay that much, but Bronco runs a program unlike anywhere in the country. It's going to appeal to quite a few folks out there. Hopefully to the precious few that can go undefeated for 10 years straight, but I'll take a single NC thankyouverymuch.



But We as fans have certainly been placed in a lurch. If anyone has any inside information on who our shortlist happens to be, now would be a good time to share.
A
a1247
byutx wrote:
Let's just all settle down. Nobody knows much. I certainly doubt that Reynolds is being forced out. I guarantee that Doman is not. When the dust settles, I'd bet my right...um...pinky that you'll see Doman, Reynolds (and maybe Webber) stay, with Cahoon and Detmer coming on to coach WR's and QB's.




SETTLE DOWN how can we settle down the sky is falling the sky is falling the sky is................o hell who am I kidding your right a week from now all this will make total sence.



Not 100% sure why Detmer would want to come back he has it pretty good in Texas with his hunting ranch he has and is on the right path with his own coaching career on the high school level. Cahoon could make a great recievers coach if he can make the transition from player to coach.
Page 1 of 5
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.