Archived Topic

Final PER and RER

by SpiffCoug · 12/19/2010

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Jake's PER today was 171.69. It was the second best PER in a bowl game by a BYU QB, only bested by John Walsh's 186.83 vs Oklahoma in 1994.



The PER battle for the day was 166.61 to 116.61. That improves BYU's PER record since 1996 to 166-24 (.874).



UTEP RER:

Hoffman 304.53

Hague/Foote 255.40 (I combine those two on my tracker)

Mahina 184.00

Jacobson 167.20

Wilson 167.20 (his first catches since the opener)

Hafoka 133.60

Holt 133.60

Ashworth 76.40

DiLuigi 68.08

Quezada 42.00





Season RER:

Holt 184.00

Muehlmann 156.27

Ashworth 135.21

Mendenhall 130.93

Hoffman 121.71

DiLuigi 119.30

Quezada 119.67

Jacobson 116.78

Wilson 112.49

Mahina 111.25

Matthews 107.91

Peterson 97.47

Kariya 91.91

Hague/Foote 81.63

Hafoka 76.00

Chambers 56.45
S
snoscythe
I think it's worth noting that RER will generally be greater than the corresponding PER because there is no interception equivalent for receivers to pull their number down.
S
SpiffCoug
I am including Interceptions in the RER. If a receiver was the intended target, they get the INT. Like today, Quezada was the target on the Lark INT on the screen and I believe Heaps was trying to get the ball to Ashworth on his INT.



RER's are generally higher because of the limited attempts which leads to greater TD%. Today, Hoffman's TD% was 33.3% which then gets multiplied by 330. But Heaps' TD% was just 11.8%.
W
Wickchad
kitic77 wrote:
I am including Interceptions in the RER. If a receiver was the intended target, they get the INT. Like today, Quezada was the target on the Lark INT on the screen and I believe Heaps was trying to get the ball to Ashworth on his INT.



RER's are generally higher because of the limited attempts which leads to greater TD%. Today, Hoffman's TD% was 33.3% which then gets multiplied by 330. But Heaps' TD% was just 11.8%.


Heaps was going for one of the tight ends (I think it was Muelman) over the top, he just didn't get the ball over the top of the defender. If he had thrown it higher and deeper it would have been a touchdown because he was breaking free.
S
SpiffCoug
Wickchad84087 wrote:
I am including Interceptions in the RER. If a receiver was the intended target, they get the INT. Like today, Quezada was the target on the Lark INT on the screen and I believe Heaps was trying to get the ball to Ashworth on his INT.



RER's are generally higher because of the limited attempts which leads to greater TD%. Today, Hoffman's TD% was 33.3% which then gets multiplied by 330. But Heaps' TD% was just 11.8%.


Heaps was going for one of the tight ends (I think it was Muelman) over the top, he just didn't get the ball over the top of the defender. If he had thrown it higher and deeper it would have been a touchdown because he was breaking free.

I really couldn't tell who he was throwing to. Ashworth was over there as well and was the deep route. Heaps kind of threw it between the two routes. It may have been his only poor throw of the day.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.