Archived Topic

Greg Wrubell and Jay Drew

by 1967cougar · 12/19/2010

Advertisement
1
1967cougar
I seem to have noticed something the last few months and I don't know if it's just a product of poor thinking or if it's really as I see it. So, please help me out.



I love Wrubell. He's a True Blue homer and that is just fine with me. He gets a lot of good interviews. He calls a great game. He's well-informed. He's just #1 in my book.



However. it seems to me that I get better "inside scoop" and quicker news from Jay Drew's blog. Could that be true or am I just imagining things?
B
BigCougsFan
Jay Drew seems to come out with the "breaking news" and couldn't tell you anything about it BUT Wrubell seems to know all about that "breaking news".
L
Lawboy
Wrubell is not in the scoop profession, while Drew is. Plus, Wrubell is basically on the BYU payroll, so he would tend to be more cautious with things as a result, while Drew is not, nor should he be a homer type. I like them both, for different reasons.
P
ProV1
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more Wrubell.



Bookmark them both.
C
CougarPeasant
ProV1 wrote:
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more Wrubell.



Bookmark them both.


Okay, you made me laugh with that one. Well played.



Lawboy nailed it. They have two different jobs. Wrubell deals with BYU's "Official" position while Drew covers not just the official BYU position but speculation too.



Both do a fine job within their roles.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
And both are better than Monson or PK.
A
AmmonCougar1
kitic77 wrote:
And both are better than Monson or PK.

And Rock.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
S
SpiffCoug
And everyone on the KSL staff not named Wrubbel.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.