Archived Topic

Best players all freshmen?

by bball · 12/19/2010

Advertisement
B
bball
This is not a diss on the older players, but the best players on the field today were all freshmen; Heaps, Hoffman, and Quezada. Has BYU ever had three freshmen start a game for them? have the freshman starters ever been the best players on the team?



Heaps looked great, Hoffman was impressive, and the Juice was very, very good. Considering, next year, we'll have another freshman (red shirt) on the field, Apo will be a starter, and might be better than Hoffman. I'm excited for next year already.



Other notes:

1) I think there's an opening at safety, and I'm not talking about Rich's position. UTEP just embarrassed Uale today. Maybe he will be good, I don't know, but he got exposed. Without Uale's failings at safety, I'm not sure UTEP would have scored a TD today.

2) I thought Anae called a pretty fair game today, but it doesn't change my belief that he's a lousy play caller.

3) I also think we're going to love Van Noy, that kid is going to be a great linebacker.

4) For a relatively young team, BYU looked rather impressive today.

5) we had no false starts today. These are veteran linemen, why were they all false starting the first five games? I hope these linemen remember how to play come September 2011.
S
SpiffCoug
Two of our best players on defense today, I thought were Rich (SR) and Manumaleuna (SO).
B
bball
Obviously, I was talking offense, but I will miss Rich, he is a heck of a player.
G
Guest
we did have one false start. JJ also had a very good game unless you were one of the morons behind me who talked about how bad he was every time he ran for 5 plus yards... but of course thats the exception, or has one good run per game.
S
snoscythe
Agreed that our best skill players today were the freshmen. Matt Reynolds is still the best player on the team right now, he just doesn't play quite as sexy a position.
Advertisement
I
Italics
bball wrote:
This is not a diss on the older players, but the best players on the field today were all freshmen; Heaps, Hoffman, and Quezada. Has BYU ever had three freshmen start a game for them? have the freshman starters ever been the best players on the team?



Heaps looked great, Hoffman was impressive, and the Juice was very, very good. Considering, next year, we'll have another freshman (red shirt) on the field, Apo will be a starter, and might be better than Hoffman. I'm excited for next year already.



Other notes:

1) I think there's an opening at safety, and I'm not talking about Rich's position. UTEP just embarrassed Uale today. Maybe he will be good, I don't know, but he got exposed. Without Uale's failings at safety, I'm not sure UTEP would have scored a TD today.

2) I thought Anae called a pretty fair game today, but it doesn't change my belief that he's a lousy play caller.

3) I also think we're going to love Van Noy, that kid is going to be a great linebacker.

4) For a relatively young team, BYU looked rather impressive today.

5) we had no false starts today. These are veteran linemen, why were they all false starting the first five games? I hope these linemen remember how to play come September 2011.


You forgot KVN.



EDIT: Okay, you didn't. But I would call him one of best players out on the field today. That kid is EXPLOSIVE.
L
Lawboy
I hope the NFL goes postal on itself so Reynolds decides to return. If he does our line is set. Terence Brown moves to RG, with Houston Reynolds at Center, and we are golden.



In 3 years, we will have the best line we ever had. Would be sooner, but missions are delaying that curve. Jordan Black and Ryker Matthews are going to dominate. If Reynolds leaves, I would not be shocked to see Braden Hansen play LT, and Ryker Mathews start at RT for us.
R
runbyu1
bball wrote:

Other notes:

1) I think there's an opening at safety, and I'm not talking about Rich's position. UTEP just embarrassed Uale today. Maybe he will be good, I don't know, but he got exposed. Without Uale's failings at safety, I'm not sure UTEP would have scored a TD today.


I noticed this too. Uale got exposed OVER and OVER. It was like watching his predecessor (Steven Thomas) at the beginning of the season. Of course, this is nothing new...the person playing this position has been THE WEAKEST SPOT ON THE TEAM ALL YEAR.
D
Ddawg
Italics wrote:
This is not a diss on the older players, but the best players on the field today were all freshmen; Heaps, Hoffman, and Quezada. Has BYU ever had three freshmen start a game for them? have the freshman starters ever been the best players on the team?



Heaps looked great, Hoffman was impressive, and the Juice was very, very good. Considering, next year, we'll have another freshman (red shirt) on the field, Apo will be a starter, and might be better than Hoffman. I'm excited for next year already.



Other notes:

1) I think there's an opening at safety, and I'm not talking about Rich's position. UTEP just embarrassed Uale today. Maybe he will be good, I don't know, but he got exposed. Without Uale's failings at safety, I'm not sure UTEP would have scored a TD today.

2) I thought Anae called a pretty fair game today, but it doesn't change my belief that he's a lousy play caller.

3) I also think we're going to love Van Noy, that kid is going to be a great linebacker.

4) For a relatively young team, BYU looked rather impressive today.

5) we had no false starts today. These are veteran linemen, why were they all false starting the first five games? I hope these linemen remember how to play come September 2011.


You forgot KVN.



EDIT: Okay, you didn't. But I would call him one of best players out on the field today. That kid is EXPLOSIVE.


Yes. Kyle Van Noy & Andrew Rich - animals! All over the place!! Beasts!!!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.