Archived Topic

MTN Idiocy--case in point

by snoscythe · 12/18/2010

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Today, at noon, the MTN is airing "Classic College Football" as an alternative offering to the day's bowl games. A decent idea when you can't land a bowl TV contract, but the game they chose to air is completely asinine. They will be showing the 2007 BYU-Utah game, that BYU won 17-10.



So, if you are enough of a BYU fan to know how to find the MTN, you can ignore the live bowl game and watch Harvey run for 144 against the Utes three years ago. Or, if you are a Utah fan, you can re-experience the agony.



I just don't understand who they think is going to watch that game. No wonder they are hemorrhaging cash.
Y
YBrit
few years runnin' as well.
B
bball
I'm so glad to be rid of these guys. I'm glad to be rid of the MWC (almost), and glad I didn't switch satellite providers to get the Mtn. In 2011 I will be able to see every BYU game on TV--wow, there's a revolutionary concept. I just think BYU did the absolutely right thing in going independent. We are catching a lot of silly flack from people about it, and them saying it will be the death of us; but I think they are very wrong, they don't understand BYU, or broadcasting capabilities, or the power of BYU sports. I think in a few years everyone will say "wow, who would have guessed?"
H
HoosierCougar
ESPN was lauding BYU for the Indi decision during the football game yesterday (yes, they have an interest). But they talked about BYUtv and reaching 50 million viewers in the US (or was it households?) and the international capabilities and the ability to get their product to the millions of LDS faithful in areas that wouldn't normally get a regional broadcast.



Methinks they get it.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.