Archived Topic

Hebron Fangupo

by Cougarpoke · 12/17/2010

Advertisement
C
Cougarpoke
So is this guy coming or not? I just saw someone on the twitter feed sidebar that he is walking on/transferring to the Y. He would be a nice pick up. I know he has been discussed, but not sure if there was an official announcement.
L
Lawboy
Per the USC twitterpage, they say he is leaving USC and walking on at BYU. I assume he is coming for winter 2011, so the walk on time might be Winter 2011, and he could be on a schollie for Fall 2011 if he earns it. I hope he gets healthy enough to help us. I know Romney Fuga had a ajor injury that might cause him to RS next year, so we can use this guy. He looks like a prototypical NT for our 3-4--a run stopping wall.
S
Schmoe
He'll be joining the team and it's gonna be AWESOME!!
B
BroncoBot
Schmoe wrote:
He'll be joining the team and it's gonna be AWESOME!!

Why is that? Is this guy amazing? Certainly not challenging your claim, I just don't know anything about him.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
declocoug wrote:
He'll be joining the team and it's gonna be AWESOME!!

Why is that? Is this guy amazing? Certainly not challenging your claim, I just don't know anything about him.


He'lll definately help stabilize a weak position on our team, particularly with the health of Fuga and Richardson in question with their ACLs.



Fangupo was a 5 star JUCO all american and he'll be a huge asset at stopping the run.



With Kaveinga behind him, this team will be scary good up the middle now.



The only real questions on the defense are 1. will JP be healthy and as good as he was 2 years ago 2. how will the new secondary look (we know they're talented) 3. who will step up in spring and take over DE...(putnam, bryson, fua, etc.)
B
BroncoBot
Thanks for the info about Fangupo.



At this point I think a healthy JP is just icing on the cake. Sounds like BYU is going to be deep at LB for a few years.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.