Archived Topic

How Far Ahead/Behind would BYU Football Have to be...

by Italics · 12/17/2010

Advertisement
I
Italics
this Saturday in order for you to switch to the UCLA game?



Just curious to see where people allegiances are. Personally, if it looks like the game is already decided, I'll probably switch to the basketball game.
C
Cougarbib
I will be at the basketball game in Anaheim and praying that my daughter does not forget to Tivo the football game. So the question is whether I will try to follow the football game on my iphone or hope the basketball crowd and announcers can somehow keep the score secret so I can watch fb on delay and still be surprised. I probably won't be able to resist the temptation to peek.
S
SpiffCoug
The football game starts 3 1/2 hours before the basketball game. There is a very good chance it will already be over by the time the UCLA game starts.
C
CougarClaw
kitic77 wrote:
The football game starts 3 1/2 hours before the basketball game. There is a very good chance it will already be over by the time the UCLA game starts.


SOOOOooo????



TRUE cougar fans will watch the football game TWICE, AND the post-game show, and then hit the football boards to talk about it for like...10 hours.



Then maybe some we could find a little time for a top-25, undefeated b-ball team with what may be BYU's best player of all time playing his senior year.



:D
C
CannonCougar85
Dual Tuner DVR's are worth it. Greatest invention ever. I love pausing one game and watching another and then going back to watch the paused one.
Advertisement
I
Italics
Cougarbib2 wrote:
I will be at the basketball game in Anaheim and praying that my daughter does not forget to Tivo the football game. So the question is whether I will try to follow the football game on my iphone or hope the basketball crowd and announcers can somehow keep the score secret so I can watch fb on delay and still be surprised. I probably won't be able to resist the temptation to peek.


Good gameplan... I just hope you realize that there is a 99% chance they announce the score of the game, or that you hear a BYU fan mention it. Maybe if you had good reflexes you can quickly cover your ears, scream, cut your eardrums out, etc.

Or you could just wear headphones while you watch the game. You won't hear th score OR the anti-mormon comments shouted at you!
G
Gunk
Football game starts at 11 am where I'm at. The basketball game starts at 2:30 pm.



I'm planning on sitting on my sofa from 11 am to 5 pm strait watching BYU sports.



Come 2:30 the basketball game is going on regardless of what's happening in the football game should it still be on, but like Kitic I'm hoping there won't be a conflict.
B
Brayden Green
kitic77 wrote:
The football game starts 3 1/2 hours before the basketball game. There is a very good chance it will already be over by the time the UCLA game starts.




Figuratively speaking, the game would be over even if it started 15 mins before the basketball game...



:P



But as it stand, i am hoping to see 2 complete BYU beat downs from start to finish!
I
Italics
BlueIsBetter wrote:
The football game starts 3 1/2 hours before the basketball game. There is a very good chance it will already be over by the time the UCLA game starts.




Figuratively speaking, the game would be over even if it started 15 mins before the basketball game...



:P



But as it stand, i am hoping to see 2 complete BYU beat downs from start to finish!


If beating up some Texans and Californians doesn't count as beating up some steers and queers, I'm not sure what does....
B
Brayden Green
Italics wrote:
kitic77 wrote:
The football game starts 3 1/2 hours before the basketball game. There is a very good chance it will already be over by the time the UCLA game starts.




Figuratively speaking, the game would be over even if it started 15 mins before the basketball game...



:P



But as it stand, i am hoping to see 2 complete BYU beat downs from start to finish!


If beating up some Texans and Californians doesn't count as beating up some steers and queers, I'm not sure what does....


Ahahahahaha lol :crazy: :crazy: :lol: :lol: :D :D :lol: :lol: :crazy: :crazy:
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Italics wrote:
kitic77 wrote:
The football game starts 3 1/2 hours before the basketball game. There is a very good chance it will already be over by the time the UCLA game starts.




Figuratively speaking, the game would be over even if it started 15 mins before the basketball game...



:P



But as it stand, i am hoping to see 2 complete BYU beat downs from start to finish!


If beating up some Texans and Californians doesn't count as beating up some steers and queers, I'm not sure what does....


Beating up some :utard: ? :skeptic:
B
Brayden Green
Gunk wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:
The football game starts 3 1/2 hours before the basketball game. There is a very good chance it will already be over by the time the UCLA game starts.




Figuratively speaking, the game would be over even if it started 15 mins before the basketball game...



:P



But as it stand, i am hoping to see 2 complete BYU beat downs from start to finish!


If beating up some Texans and Californians doesn't count as beating up some steers and queers, I'm not sure what does....


Beating up some :utard: ? :skeptic:


No, he said "steers and queers" NOT "queer FOR steers"...



But that's an honest mistake...
E
EM_Puma
Hilarious.



I'm not voting because if it came down to the FB still being on, I'd just keep flipping over and back again from one to the other. There was no category for that.
B
billbillbillbill
Tomorrow is my anniversary so hopefully I can get a few minutes of either of the games in. If I were smart (and had some money), I would send her to one of those day spas from 11-5 conveniently but alas, not going to happen.
I
imuakahuku
Ummm. Can anyone tell me what channel the bball game is on? Last I had heard a top 20 team playing the preseason #2 pac-10 team didn't merit tv time on MTN or any of it's affiliates.



That being the case, I don't see a reason to "flip" over to the bball game since I will be listening to it on ksl.com. :angry:
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
It's on Fox Sports Net. I think it's 683 on DirecTV.
A
ABYUFAN
billbillbillbill wrote:
Tomorrow is my anniversary so hopefully I can get a few minutes of either of the games in. If I were smart (and had some money), I would send her to one of those day spas from 11-5 conveniently but alas, not going to happen.

Congrats... but what anniversary is it? If it's after 20 you don't really have to do anything anymore between 20 and 25 and 25 to 30, look at the hallmark site. They got no suggested gifts for those years, so you can claim that those years don't really count anyway....
C
Cougarbib
kitic77 wrote:
The football game starts 3 1/2 hours before the basketball game. There is a very good chance it will already be over by the time the UCLA game starts.


The problem for me is the two hour drive each direction to get to Anaheim. Gonna need help from TiVo.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
Italics
yup... checked my channels... no fox sports west.



Guess I'll have NO CHOICE but to keep the football game on.



Hoping there will be a link...
S
SpiffCoug
Cougarbib2 wrote:
The football game starts 3 1/2 hours before the basketball game. There is a very good chance it will already be over by the time the UCLA game starts.


The problem for me is the two hour drive each direction to get to Anaheim. Gonna need help from TiVo.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

And this is why TiVO is the best invention of the 21st century.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.