Archived Topic

Glad MWC days are few

by EM_Puma · 12/13/2010

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I'm glad our MWC days are few as I'm a little astonished that none of our games with Weber St, UTEP, Buffalo and Fresno Pacific from 12/21/2010 to 1/1/2011 are on TV. Dang, even USU vs Weber St was on TV. Two of the games I can attend while two are regulated to just listening on the radio and while I can see one here and there not on TV, but four games in a row?
S
SpiffCoug
I'm surprised Weber didn't approach BYU to see if they wanted to put the game on BYUtv.
E
EM_Puma
kitic77 wrote:
I'm surprised Weber didn't approach BYU to see if they wanted to put the game on BYUtv.


I'm serious that I wouldn't play them again in Ogden if they can't get their home non-confernce game agains BYU on TV, but I'm wondering at the same time if UTEP is saying the same thing about BYU.
S
SpiffCoug
EM_Puma wrote:
I'm surprised Weber didn't approach BYU to see if they wanted to put the game on BYUtv.


I'm serious that I wouldn't play them again in Ogden if they can't get their home non-confernce game agains BYU on TV, but I'm wondering at the same time if UTEP is saying the same thing about BYU.

BYU can't put the UTEP game on BYUtv. They don't own the broadcast rights to that game. I don't know the Big Sky's television deal, but I would imagine, it's not as restrictive as the MWCs.
E
EM_Puma
kitic77 wrote:
kitic77 wrote:
I'm surprised Weber didn't approach BYU to see if they wanted to put the game on BYUtv.


I'm serious that I wouldn't play them again in Ogden if they can't get their home non-confernce game agains BYU on TV, but I'm wondering at the same time if UTEP is saying the same thing about BYU.

BYU can't put the UTEP game on BYUtv. They don't own the broadcast rights to that game. I don't know the Big Sky's television deal, but I would imagine, it's not as restrictive as the MWCs.


Exactly, which gets me back to the original point that I'm glad that our MWC days are few as a BB game with UTEP and BYU should be televised. UTEP doesn't need to worry in the future if they schedule BYU as to whether the game will be on TV as if ESPN doesn't pick up the game, BYUtv can. I know with FB, when TH schedules an opponent, that TV issue is part of the negotiations and has been the cause at times of delay in completing contracts. I don't know how much of that happens in BB. I have to believe though that UTEP is a little surprised that this game was not picked up by any of the MWC TV affiliates and so am I.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Is that the Mtn's way of saying that they don't want UTEP in the MWC?
E
EM_Puma
scott715 wrote:
Is that the Mtn's way of saying that they don't want UTEP in the MWC?


good point
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.