Archived Topic

BYU Projected as 5 Seed

by byufan4ever · 12/10/2010

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
ESPN currently has BYU projected as a 5 seed with a potential second round matchup with Kentucky. Do you think that we can beat them? I haven't seen Kentucky play this year so I can't say, but would like to get input from those who have seen both teams play.



http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
S
SpiffCoug
Way too early to put any stock in any potential NCAA opponent.
M
Mars


Kentucky smoked a ranked Notre Dame squad this week.
K
KYCoug
Mars wrote:


Kentucky smoked a ranked Notre Dame squad this week.


Hey I know Kentucky basketball. There are a lot of similarities between the Y and UK this year. Neither has a strong inside presence but excel in the transition and guard play. The difficulty in measuring how good UK is comes from having 5 members from last years team drafted into the NBA and 5 new super star freshmen. They are pretty much still learning the college game. I don't think this years team is as good as the Wall/Cousins version from last year but they are still very talented and will win a lot of games with that. We play much more controlled than UK's dribble drive offense and they suffer with their youngin's with turnovers. I'd love to see that matchup and even as deep as my Kentucky roots are, I'd love to see Y take it to them. BYU 78 UK 74



Go Cougs!



L Hatton

Louisville, KY
Y
YBrit
By going indy and getting national TV every week, BYUs seed is going to be very high at all times :lol:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.