Archived Topic

UTEP Not a Gimme

by YBrit · 12/10/2010

Advertisement
Y
YBrit
I've been reading several reports about how BYU players are missing practices, falling behind in classes for final projects and having to complete finals early. BYU won't be able to even practice the whole allotment allowed-lame.



Well, utep on the other hand: Final Exams were completed the 6th-10th, so perhaps their players got them done even earlier. They beat 1 okay team, but apparently this is their biggest game in history? :lol:







I just think this proves bowls shouldn't start until after christmas, though the LV bowl date doesn't bug me suppose.



So I expect with their home crowd (also apparently) and novel feeling of bowling they will be super pumped and up for the game

Hence my prediction will be closer than most have said: BYU 38 utep 20
T
tmoney35
YBrit wrote:
BYU won't be able to even practice the whole allotment allowed-lame.


IIRC they're still having 11 practices before the game. If that's not enough to get ready for a 6-6 team, then we have serious problems.
L
Lawboy
I am glad that Bronco puts an emphasis on his guys being students. Class has to happen, guys must remain eligible, or we miss them for 12-13 games next year. It is more important they get it done in the class now than a few practices in december. I want them to practice in Spring, Fall and play all games next year.



Plus, guys have been able to lift weights, watch film, etc on own time. I also heard that last week the coaches focused on the younger guys getting more reps, and I like that.



Got to under stand that the bowl game is Dec 18, so time is limited. Just the reality. UTEP has the same issues.
B
BigCougsFan
Alright my fellow Miners! We get to play BYU. If there ever was a time to beat these studs... Its now!



Next year... The Beloved in Jake Heaps will be rockin'! They will have a WR Corp who will spread the field with their size and speed. They're defense is frickin insane now! I pity the foe who faces them next year or the following.



When these guys win the National Championship in the future... Don't you want to be able to say you beat Heaps in Co.?



This is why this is our biggest game of the year, century, FOREVER AND EVER!



Let's go out with Miner Pride and not get killed!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byutx
I think we're in an era when almost any team can beat almost any other team, and this game is no different.



However, we are all but guaranteed to win this game and win it big.
Advertisement
S
scott715
DEc 18 is too early for a bowl game. I am okay with having practices where the players come if they can. We are not going to get all 15 anyways. Even if they had practice with just the scout team it is good.
Y
YBrit
The Tech school paper has 10 student editors pick games all season, and all 10 chose BYU, and 9 picked BS to beat the yew, the 1 girl who chose utah to win is the only one who is sub .500



A correlation of sub .500 and utah run together smoothly.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.