Archived Topic

2011 schedule released

by tripwire · 12/9/2010

Advertisement
T
tripwire
2011 Football Schedule



Sept. 3 at Ole Miss

Sept. 10 at Texas

Sept. 17 Utah

Sept. 23 Central Florida

Sept. 30 Utah State

Oct. 8 San Jose State

Oct. 15 at Oregon State

Oct. 22 Idaho State

Oct. 29 Bye

Nov. 5 at Louisiana Tech

Nov. 12 Idaho

Nov. 19 New Mexico State

Nov. 26 Bye

Dec. 3 at Hawaii
B
BroncoBot
Not bad. Why is BYU playing @ louisiana tech?



When was the last time BYU's home opener was utah?
S
snoscythe
declocoug wrote:
Not bad. Why is BYU playing @ louisiana tech?


Part of the deal with the WAC to help BYU in scheduling the first few years as an independent.
B
byucougar1
Live in SEC/Big-12 border - MS is not expected to be good nect year. Horns will have new OC to try and right the ship and we all know about the rivalry with UT (last play of game). Islands are difficult to play in but HI loses lots of key players. I can see us losing nmt 2 games but if we defeat Horns, Rebels on road, I think we go undefeated.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars


I like the BYE before playing on the road at Hawaii!





Was 2001 the last time BYU played a regular season game in December?
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
Mars wrote:


I like the BYE before playing on the road at Hawaii!





Was 2001 the last time BYU played a regular season game in December?


The smoke-out game against SDSU?



And if not then...then the last time we played at Hawaii
S
SpiffCoug
Mars wrote:


I like the BYE before playing on the road at Hawaii!





Was 2001 the last time BYU played a regular season game in December?

Wasn't the Mississippi State game in DEC as well in 2001. I think that was the game that got resched because of 9/11.
Y
Y 4 Ever
kitic77 wrote:


I like the BYE before playing on the road at Hawaii!





Was 2001 the last time BYU played a regular season game in December?

Wasn't the Mississippi State game in DEC as well in 2001. I think that was the game that got resched because of 9/11.


That would have been 2 december games in 2001. It was probably late November...
S
SpiffCoug
33311710 wrote:
Mars wrote:


I like the BYE before playing on the road at Hawaii!





Was 2001 the last time BYU played a regular season game in December?

Wasn't the Mississippi State game in DEC as well in 2001. I think that was the game that got resched because of 9/11.


That would have been 2 december games in 2001. It was probably late November...

http://www.cougarstats.com/2001.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nope, MSU on 12/1 and Hawaii on 12/8. MSU was scheduled for 9/15, but the events of 9/11 cancelled all sporting events. We played Utah on 11/17, so didn't play for two weeks. I wonder if we moved the Hawaii game back a week so we could get the MSU game in?
N
nc-puma
this schedule is going to slaughter us. That said, I love that they're traveling more. Looking forward to attending the Ole Miss game.
Advertisement
Y
YBrit
http://www.byucougars.com/uploads/graphics/football/2010/ftb_television.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



Can't wait.
S
SpiffCoug
nc-puma wrote:
this schedule is going to slaughter us. That said, I love that they're traveling more. Looking forward to attending the Ole Miss game.

Thankfully we have two byes to help recover from all the travel.
I
IowaCougar
Very front-loaded. The first 4 games are going to be a bear!
R
runbyu1
Who was talking in another thread about our schedule being soft the next two years? What are they smoking?
L
Lawboy
Home schedule is soft, road is very tough. Of our 4 toughest games, only 1 is at LES. Of course, of all our games at LES, only 2 are remotely tough, same as this year.



Sets us up well for a BCS runs if we start 4-0. I love that we catch Ole Miss game 1, coming off a 4-8 year and replacing a new QB. Love that we catch Texas game 2, then coming off 5-7, with a new O coordinator. Love we catch Utah first home game. So as far as that tough stretch goes, it could have been worse. Like 2 years ago worse.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Four home games in a row too!
J
jonnylingo
Love the two byes. That is huge for a team to get. With all the traveling I imainge the two bye weeks were felt to be necessary for the team and why we didn't schedule a 13th game. I actually like that idea. a bye before hawaii is better than beating up on a crappy team in provo and risky injury to our guys.



bye's before two long travel trips will be great.



I think its a great schedule. we could potentially play three ranked teams at home. oregon state should be better. ucf is ranked right now and looks only to be getting better and utah will start next year ranked, whether they stay that way or not is likely given they beat up montana state and even if they lose to usc they are probably still ranked at that point.



don't get all the whining about the schedule. ole miss is beatable. texas is beatable. utah is definitely beatable.



if we make it undefeated through the first few games and beat osu on the road we could potentially go bcs bowling our first year as an indy.



while i don't expect that, i would say it is very doable. I like the schedule.



i have no problem going to les watching byu bet up on crappy teams. I just want them to win. right now we need wins.
I
IowaCougar
I hope you don't interpret my comment as whining - just an observation. You're right - if they can get through those first 4 games in good shape, they're in for an outstanding season.
S
scott715
On True Blue TH said that the team needs to build up to a tougher Indy schedule. That better recruits will come into the program and more depth.
C
CannonCougar85
I really like the schedule. It is really front loaded but since Texas and Ole Miss are a little down right now it isn't as bad as it could have been. I really like the bye before Hawaii too. First home game is versus Utah...LES will be absolutely rocking!! Especially if we can go 2-0 or even 1-1 before that game.



I can't wait!!
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.