Archived Topic

Brian David Mitchell is a fraud

by BigCougsFan · 12/8/2010

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
He's working this court system like it's his own puppet show.



I think I'll just sing to get out of court today. Tomorrow I'll "perform" a seizure AND I don't care if it's real or not. I'll stall this trial far long as possible.


Gardner also testified Mitchell has different personas for different people and said Mitchell's beliefs can change quickly. Referring to part of Mitchell's interview with the FBI and police, Gardner says Mitchell deflects any responsibility for the kidnapping with religion and makes himself to be the victim of law enforcement. Gardner referred to the tactic as a "classic bait and switch," something he says psychotic people cannot do.



Gardner said he attempted to interview Mitchell in 2003 as part of the evaluation but found him uncooperative. Mitchell refused to speak and only stared intently at Gardner.



"It was an incredibly intimidating stare," Gardner said, adding that he attempted to match Mitchell's unwavering glare. "After a while it was clear that I was not a match for this guy."



Gardner said the staring was useful, however, in eliminating a diagnosis of schizophrenia.


How many mental disorders can there be? Either you're crazy or you're not!


Defense attorneys don't dispute that Smart was taken at knifepoint and held captive, but they contend Mitchell is mentally ill and can't be held responsible for the crimes.


I feel sorry for anyone who thinks this.


On Monday, a dozen lay witnesses were called to testify for the prosecution. They described what Mitchell's behavior at the Utah State Hospital and during his current trial, was like at times when he believed he wasn't being observed. The witnesses said they believed Mitchell was putting on an act and he could start and stop his singing at will.


He does this in the court as well. It's all an act.



What a POS. Even his "wife" Wanda says he's a fraud.



THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL JUDGE! GUILTY! Since he's crazy, throw him in the sole containment(or whatever it's called when they can't interact with others).



http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=13558112
S
Schmoe
Alcohol, drugs, pornography, rape...the problem with this guy is narcissism, he only cares about himself.
C
CougarClaw
What's the difference between criminality and insanity?



1) I'm bad and it's my fault

2) I'm bad and it's not my fault.
S
SpiffCoug
I don't the defense has ever challenged that he did that of which he is accused. They're challenging that he's mentally competent. The real key witnesses aren't Elizabeth Smart, they're the professionals and experts who will testify that while he is crazy, he knew what he was doing and knew that it was wrong.



BDM won't get off. It's just a matter of where he will spend the rest of his life before answering for his actions. Whether it will be in jail or an institution.
B
byutx
Kitic is exactly right, as usual.



Even from my limited understanding of all the facts, I knew that some sort of mental defect was the only even remote chance that Mitchell has. His attorneys know very well that it's almost a certain loss. Even people like Mitchell are entitled to and deserve a competent defense. Either way, he's going to spend his life locked up and then we'll see if he can pull these antics off at the judgment bar [Spoiler alert: he can't]
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Personally, I don't think the jury will find him criminally insane. I think he's going to prison and then will separated from the general population for his own safety. He'll spend a lot of time alone.
S
SpiffCoug
Found guilty. No insanity. Sentencing in May.
B
BigCougsFan
Yes! The Sucker is found guilty on both accounts!



Lock him up and put him in the middle of every convict in the prison! Too bad that won't happen.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byutx
hahaha. loser.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.