Archived Topic

Game #12: Idaho State

by ProV1 · 12/7/2010

Advertisement
P
ProV1
as per Wrubell.



Scheduled teams:



Ole Miss

Hawaii

Utah

Oregon State

Texas

Central Florida

Utah State

Louisiana Tech

New Mexico State

San Jose State

Idaho

Idaho State
G
Guest
GOOD! I love the 7 home games. We need to do it every year.
S
scott715
They are a FCS team right? Big sky.
B
BroncoBot
Nice. Perfect game. Should be nothing more than practice with a score and a W afterwards.
S
scott715
jaromjordan says "This week on True Blue-the "Road to Independence". Tom Holmoe outlines entire 2011 football schedule on wed. at 6, 7, 11:15 pm MT on BYUtv." I have been looking for weeks for the schedule. Looks like we find out on Wednesday.
Advertisement
S
scott715
gregwrubell says "BYU AD Tom Holmoe told me at the Albany Airport that that 2011 BYU FB schedule is complete; the 12th and final game is against Idaho State." looks like there will not be a 13th game.
M
Mars


"Football note: BYU AD Tom Holmoe told me tonight he announced earlier today on BYUTV's "True Blue" program that the 2011 BYU Football schedule is complete with the addition of Idaho State. BYU will play seven home and five away games in 2011.



The home contests will be with: Utah, Central Florida, Utah State, Idaho State, Idaho, New Mexico State and San Jose State

The away games will be at: Mississippi, Texas, Oregon State, Louisiana Tech, Hawaii "
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=13555100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;





I think BYU could go 7-0 at home, 3-2 on the road.



I just hope Idaho State's football team isn't as good as their All-World basketball team... ;)
S
SpiffCoug
I thought the UCF game was on the road?
B
BroncoBot
kitic77 wrote:
I thought the UCF game was on the road?

I did as well. Getting that game at home makes the schedule a little less intimidating.
Advertisement
M
Mars
kitic77 wrote:
I thought the UCF game was on the road?

So did I. Does he have it swapped with the Oregon State game?
Y
YBrit
The first half of our season is crazy. The second half of our season is crazy.



I can't wait to watch some great games (I expect wins against them all) and if Idaho, Idaho st., NMS are on when I'm working/studying I won't mind missing the game, because BYUtv will give me a "natural tivo" where I can watch it later and skip to good parts.



Idaho state? Boring. But under the circumstances I can't believe how good a job Holmoe has done
V
vancouvercougar
I like this schedule--pretty good for the first year on our own. 2012 should be even better.
F
Florwood
There shouldn't be a rise in ticket prices because these seven teams are worth about six of this year's teams, even as limited as this year's teams are...
J
jvquarterback
scott715 wrote:
gregwrubell says "BYU AD Tom Holmoe told me at the Albany Airport that that 2011 BYU FB schedule is complete; the 12th and final game is against Idaho State." looks like there will not be a 13th game.


Bummer I was hoping for a "neutral" site game in New York against Rutgers.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
So when is the return game to Pocatello????



I'll happily pay extra for 7 home games. I understand that 2011 and 2012 schedules might not be as great at home, but after that, things will improve. Or at least be the equal of a normal MWC slate.



As to UCF, they come here 2011, we go there in 2014. The schedule is correct.
L
Lawboy
I am Cougar Club, but it will not affect me because I am not Legacy. It will only affect Legacy members because htey pay the premiums for their seats. Regardless, if they don't like it, they can step asied and I am sure someone else will buy their seats. Happily.
W
Wickchad
I am disappointed that we aren't playing 13 games. Even if the 13th game was a road game. Send us to vegas for a 13th game. They need a game and its an easy trip for the fans to make.
C
Cougarbib
Wickchad84087 wrote:
I am disappointed that we aren't playing 13 games. Even if the 13th game was a road game. Send us to vegas for a 13th game. They need a game and its an easy trip for the fans to make.


This always gives me mixed feelings. On one hand, I wish they played every wek all year - on the other hand - the one tha tdal swiht the reality of how BCS Bowls are awarded, you cannot afford to lose 1 game. Every game you play has some chance of being a loss. Even FCS teams win 5 or 10% of the time. So the first hand would say - bring Florida to Provo for the seaosn opening - kcik off classic type thing. Repaet the Miami miracle. But the other hand would say - stick with 12 or if we must go 13, bring em early and bring them to Provo and no tougher than NM State or SJSU but preferably not that tough. But even then - you get injuries. Did anyone read the article noting players not available for our Bowl game? Anyone note that Pendleton has not been available since - yes - yes - yes - Utah Freaking State. It happens. I think I recall a year when Steve Young got a concussion and Gordon Hudson had a career ending knee injury vs Utah freaking State.



So in today;s world, I have to slap my Fan Hand and say yeah but sorry and go with the other hand and stick with 12 unless we can somehow get permisson to roll NM State in Provo in August.



BTW - the only real thing wrong with the schedule is th efirst half of it needs to be flopped wiht the second half of it.



Go Cougs
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.