Archived Topic

Richard Wilson as a WR

by beauso79 · 12/6/2010

Advertisement
B
beauso79
So, why not use Wilson as a WR if he's not going to be used as a TE on a regular basis?? Let him skinny up in the off-season and add another Tall WR to the fold
Y
YBrit
Is that another WR that can't catch the ball?



I started to like one TE but he got injured name???
S
SpiffCoug
Wilson will be a non-contributor at BYU.
B
BroncoBot
kitic77 wrote:
Wilson will be a non-contributor at BYU.

:skeptic: source?
B
BigCougsFan
kitic77 wrote:
Wilson will be a non-contributor at BYU.


He could be the "official" BYU Tweeter -- since that's all he likes to do.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
YBrit wrote:
Is that another WR that can't catch the ball?



I started to like one TE but he got injured name???

I hate it when players injure their names.
B
Brayden Green
Matthews is his injured name. ;)





And why all the Wilson hate? It's not his fault he isn't playing... it's his dumb positions coach.
S
SpiffCoug
declocoug wrote:
Wilson will be a non-contributor at BYU.

:skeptic: source?

My opinion.
B
BroncoBot
kitic77 wrote:
kitic77 wrote:
Wilson will be a non-contributor at BYU.

:skeptic: source?

My opinion.

Oh, ok. I'm fine with you having that opinion. Just wondering why you think that way. I know nothing about Wilson.
B
byuisbetterthanutah
Why can't he play OLB? He doesn't seem tall enough for the type of tight end that BYU likes. Plus look at all the tight ends we have- Mahina, Muehlman, Holt, and I think Kaneakua Friel gets back from his mission for next season as well.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
byuisbetterthanutah wrote:
Why can't he play OLB? He doesn't seem tall enough for the type of tight end that BYU likes. Plus look at all the tight ends we have- Mahina, Muehlman, Holt, and I think Kaneakua Friel gets back from his mission for next season as well.

From his tweets I gather that he only wants to be playing as a route running TE. He doesn't want playing time, he just wants to be catching passes.
S
SpiffCoug
declocoug wrote:
declocoug wrote:
Wilson will be a non-contributor at BYU.

:skeptic: source?

My opinion.

Oh, ok. I'm fine with you having that opinion. Just wondering why you think that way. I know nothing about Wilson.

Because he's not committed to helping the team. He was asked to switch and tried it for like three days before begging to play TE again. Then, he's clearly not doing something the coaches are asking from the TEs because he didn't really see the field after the opener.



We get small doses of his attitude through his tweets. I get the vibe that he seems to think his struggles aren't his fault that he should just be allowed to play. That he's better than all the other options at TE. Yet he's buried on the depth chart. He's smaller than most of the other TEs and he's not really faster than them.



He's an offensive tweener. He's not big or physical enough to play TE and he's not quick enough to play WR. He doesn't like defense. He probably doesn't like to hit.



My opinion is that he's soft and just won't contribute at BYU. I don't feel like he's committed to football. He's committed to being on the team to being a BYU football player, but not the sport. I don't think he really cares about it. If he doesn't, he'll complain about it, but won't do what's necessary to change the dynamics of the situation and get on the field and then make plays once there.



I don't know if I explained that well, but it makes sense to me.
B
BroncoBot
kitic77 wrote:
kitic77 wrote:
kitic77 wrote:
Wilson will be a non-contributor at BYU.

:skeptic: source?

My opinion.

Oh, ok. I'm fine with you having that opinion. Just wondering why you think that way. I know nothing about Wilson.

Because he's not committed to helping the team. He was asked to switch and tried it for like three days before begging to play TE again. Then, he's clearly not doing something the coaches are asking from the TEs because he didn't really see the field after the opener.



We get small doses of his attitude through his tweets. I get the vibe that he seems to think his struggles aren't his fault that he should just be allowed to play. That he's better than all the other options at TE. Yet he's buried on the depth chart. He's smaller than most of the other TEs and he's not really faster than them.



He's an offensive tweener. He's not big or physical enough to play TE and he's not quick enough to play WR. He doesn't like defense. He probably doesn't like to hit.



My opinion is that he's soft and just won't contribute at BYU. I don't feel like he's committed to football. He's committed to being on the team to being a BYU football player, but not the sport. I don't think he really cares about it. If he doesn't, he'll complain about it, but won't do what's necessary to change the dynamics of the situation and get on the field and then make plays once there.



I don't know if I explained that well, but it makes sense to me.

Kinda what I figured you'd say. And I agree for the most part. See my post right above yours.
P
ProV1
I think it's kind of a stretch to base anything off of tweets. At least half of them make no sense or have no context.
B
BroncoBot
ProV1 wrote:
I think it's kind of a stretch to base anything off of tweets. At least half of them make no sense or have no context.

true, I hope he proves me wrong.
Advertisement
G
Guest
I will be surprised if he ever plays meaningful minutes at BYU. Sometimes when a bad coach disciplines a player, it really is a player that doesn't get it. I hope he gets his attitude in line, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
M
Mars


If Richard Wilson never sees much playing time, it's because our coaches screwed up. He's our fastest TE, our best blue-zone TE, and our best overall TE. And Anae is a moron.



I just hope Wilson gets the playing time he has earned next season once Anae is no longer around.
J
jonnylingo
Let's all take it easy. Wilson has been great at blocking and really hasn't complained about the complete circus that has been the mishandling of the tight end situation.



He has been executing on the field. He is young talented and used to being the man. I think he has handled things quite well despire certain disappoointments with not getting what he wants. He doesn't deserve the hate. If he hangs in there his time will come.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
kitic77 wrote:
Wilson will be a non-contributor at BYU.


Ouch! Wow.
D
Ddawg
Mars wrote:


If Richard Wilson never sees much playing time, it's because our coaches screwed up. He's our fastest TE, our best blue-zone TE, and our best overall TE. And Anae is a moron.



I just hope Wilson gets the playing time he has earned next season once Anae is no longer around.


There ya go. On point. Bingo!! 8)
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.