Archived Topic

NFL Lockout certain? A blessing?

by Lawboy · 12/4/2010

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Looks as if the NFLPA is advising players to save 3 pay checks as the NFL lockout looks closer to certain now. And while I think that sort of stinks that NFL football may not happen in 2011, I think it could have a potential major benefit for BYU football--Matt Reynolds may not enter the draft. Not having to replace him next year would be huge for BYU Football.



http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5882717" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C
CougarClaw
Perhaps, but wouldn't he then have to compete against TWO years of Offensive LIne picks?



I'd love to have him back, but I can't see that being a good situation for him either.
B
BroncoBot
Also gives Austin Collie a chance to "get his head straight".
I
IndiCoug
CougarClaw wrote:
Perhaps, but wouldn't he then have to compete against TWO years of Offensive LIne picks?



I'd love to have him back, but I can't see that being a good situation for him either.


The Huge difference is he would be able to play college ball while those senors this year would be forced to sit a year out of football. That's huge when you consider conditioning, skill set, timing, fire in their belly for the game against those that have to sit because their college eligibility has ran out.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.