Archived Topic

Here we go again, Joe Schad Tweet

by jonnylingo · 12/3/2010

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
http://twitter.com/schadjoe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Pelini says the Big 12 will "probably add" teams and have conference title game again "pretty quick"
Y
YBrit
Ha. Maybe they'll do the wac thing and pick up schools from the fcs :lol: :lol:





But seriously, BYU football only for a while and eventually move in other sports giving the WCC a classly short tenure. And by leaving giving them a chance to win championships again-win win.
S
snoscythe
Yeah, because I'm sure the coach of a team that is leaving the Big XII after this season is in the loop as to what the other 10 school plan on doing after they leave.
B
BoiseBYU
snoscythe wrote:
Yeah, because I'm sure the coach of a team that is leaving the Big XII after this season is in the loop as to what the other 10 school plan on doing after they leave.


Isn't Pelini supposed to be in anger management class anyways? I'd pay money to see him against AZ Stoops in a face off
Y
Y 4 Ever
BoiseBYU wrote:
Yeah, because I'm sure the coach of a team that is leaving the Big XII after this season is in the loop as to what the other 10 school plan on doing after they leave.


Isn't Pelini supposed to be in anger management class anyways? I'd pay money to see him against AZ Stoops in a face off


With K-state BBall coach as the referee! And Bob Knight as the waterboy.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
snoscythe wrote:
Yeah, because I'm sure the coach of a team that is leaving the Big XII after this season is in the loop as to what the other 10 school plan on doing after they leave.


I don't think you can dismiss it as nothing. He formed his opinion from the information he has as a current coach and member of the big12 who has also been a part of all the expansion and championship talk. He surely has more information than most whether he is leaving next year or not. While he may not know anything specific, he may, and his opinion is at the very least newsworthy given his position.



I thought it was interesting to here how specific his opinion was.
S
snoscythe
jonnylingo wrote:
Yeah, because I'm sure the coach of a team that is leaving the Big XII after this season is in the loop as to what the other 10 school plan on doing after they leave.


I don't think you can dismiss it as nothing. He formed his opinion from the information he has as a current coach and member of the big12 who has also been a part of all the expansion and championship talk. He surely has more information than most whether he is leaving next year or not. While he may not know anything specific, he may, and his opinion is at the very least newsworthy given his position.



I thought it was interesting to here how specific his opinion was.


The fact that Schad tweeted it instead of reporting it as a newsline through ESPN should tell you just how much regard should be put into the rumor. If there was anything more than a coach at a lame duck school making suppositions about meetings he and his school are no longer involved in, ESPN would have run it as a Schad newsbite so they could be the ones to "break" the story.



Nebraska's AD doesn't have a seat in any expansion discussions, much less the coach of the team. Pellini's just making a guess, not giving any insider info.
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:
Yeah, because I'm sure the coach of a team that is leaving the Big XII after this season is in the loop as to what the other 10 school plan on doing after they leave.
This.



Nebraska ain't a reliable Big XII spokesman, sorry.
S
Schmoe
BoiseBYU wrote:
Yeah, because I'm sure the coach of a team that is leaving the Big XII after this season is in the loop as to what the other 10 school plan on doing after they leave.


Isn't Pelini supposed to be in anger management class anyways? I'd pay money to see him against AZ Stoops in a face off


I got $20 on Pelini, he's one bad mofo.
N
NebraskaCoug
33311710 wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Yeah, because I'm sure the coach of a team that is leaving the Big XII after this season is in the loop as to what the other 10 school plan on doing after they leave.


Isn't Pelini supposed to be in anger management class anyways? I'd pay money to see him against AZ Stoops in a face off


With K-state BBall coach as the referee! And Bob Knight as the waterboy.


Go back a few years to Youngstown, OH and there probably were a few face-offs between Pelini and Stoops. . . on the playground. Actually, I looked it up and Stoops is exactly 6 years older than Pelini. They have the same birthday, December 13, according to Wikipedia.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
snoscythe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Yeah, because I'm sure the coach of a team that is leaving the Big XII after this season is in the loop as to what the other 10 school plan on doing after they leave.


I don't think you can dismiss it as nothing. He formed his opinion from the information he has as a current coach and member of the big12 who has also been a part of all the expansion and championship talk. He surely has more information than most whether he is leaving next year or not. While he may not know anything specific, he may, and his opinion is at the very least newsworthy given his position.



I thought it was interesting to here how specific his opinion was.


The fact that Schad tweeted it instead of reporting it as a newsline through ESPN should tell you just how much regard should be put into the rumor. If there was anything more than a coach at a lame duck school making suppositions about meetings he and his school are no longer involved in, ESPN would have run it as a Schad newsbite so they could be the ones to "break" the story.



Nebraska's AD doesn't have a seat in any expansion discussions, much less the coach of the team. Pellini's just making a guess, not giving any insider info.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/34578/pelini-stoops-talk-big-12-title-game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S
snoscythe
jonnylingo wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
Yeah, because I'm sure the coach of a team that is leaving the Big XII after this season is in the loop as to what the other 10 school plan on doing after they leave.


I don't think you can dismiss it as nothing. He formed his opinion from the information he has as a current coach and member of the big12 who has also been a part of all the expansion and championship talk. He surely has more information than most whether he is leaving next year or not. While he may not know anything specific, he may, and his opinion is at the very least newsworthy given his position.



I thought it was interesting to here how specific his opinion was.


The fact that Schad tweeted it instead of reporting it as a newsline through ESPN should tell you just how much regard should be put into the rumor. If there was anything more than a coach at a lame duck school making suppositions about meetings he and his school are no longer involved in, ESPN would have run it as a Schad newsbite so they could be the ones to "break" the story.



Nebraska's AD doesn't have a seat in any expansion discussions, much less the coach of the team. Pellini's just making a guess, not giving any insider info.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/34578/pelini-stoops-talk-big-12-title-game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Again, an entry mixed in with six others in a blog post.



ESPN has certain standards (believe it or not) for what gets to be an article, and what they pass on. The writers can put anything in a blog or tweet, but only if ESPN passes on it first. That's why there was the big to-do when one of their writers tweeted "Lebron to Miami" hours before "The Decision."



You've now seen ESPN pass on it as anything worth putting in a newlines twice, instead relegating it to blog or twitter status. Note that Stoops--(the coach out of the two who might actually know something) was less certain than the mushroom Pelini: "Hopefully that is the case. It's hard to speculate on where things will move to and go. If there are more, that will be great. If there aren't that will be great, too," Stoops said with a laugh. "So it will pretty much be great one way or the other."



Pelini knows nothing and is just guessing.
J
jonnylingo
snoscythe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Yeah, because I'm sure the coach of a team that is leaving the Big XII after this season is in the loop as to what the other 10 school plan on doing after they leave.


I don't think you can dismiss it as nothing. He formed his opinion from the information he has as a current coach and member of the big12 who has also been a part of all the expansion and championship talk. He surely has more information than most whether he is leaving next year or not. While he may not know anything specific, he may, and his opinion is at the very least newsworthy given his position.



I thought it was interesting to here how specific his opinion was.


The fact that Schad tweeted it instead of reporting it as a newsline through ESPN should tell you just how much regard should be put into the rumor. If there was anything more than a coach at a lame duck school making suppositions about meetings he and his school are no longer involved in, ESPN would have run it as a Schad newsbite so they could be the ones to "break" the story.



Nebraska's AD doesn't have a seat in any expansion discussions, much less the coach of the team. Pellini's just making a guess, not giving any insider info.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/34578/pelini-stoops-talk-big-12-title-game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Again, an entry mixed in with six others in a blog post.



ESPN has certain standards (believe it or not) for what gets to be an article, and what they pass on. The writers can put anything in a blog or tweet, but only if ESPN passes on it first. That's why there was the big to-do when one of their writers tweeted "Lebron to Miami" hours before "The Decision."



You've now seen ESPN pass on it as anything worth putting in a newlines twice, instead relegating it to blog or twitter status. Note that Stoops--(the coach out of the two who might actually know something) was less certain than the mushroom Pelini: "Hopefully that is the case. It's hard to speculate on where things will move to and go. If there are more, that will be great. If there aren't that will be great, too," Stoops said with a laugh. "So it will pretty much be great one way or the other."



Pelini knows nothing and is just guessing.

I think you are stating the obvious. I still thought it was interesting and newsworthy and that is why I posted it. Not sure what the fuss is about. If you don't want tweets or blogs citing to coaches speculating on things material to byu I won't. I will just wait until an official article is written. Then maybe it will be worthy of this message board and we won't have to listen to you lecture us on journalistic standards that we are all already aware of.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
jonnylingo wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
Yeah, because I'm sure the coach of a team that is leaving the Big XII after this season is in the loop as to what the other 10 school plan on doing after they leave.


I don't think you can dismiss it as nothing. He formed his opinion from the information he has as a current coach and member of the big12 who has also been a part of all the expansion and championship talk. He surely has more information than most whether he is leaving next year or not. While he may not know anything specific, he may, and his opinion is at the very least newsworthy given his position.



I thought it was interesting to here how specific his opinion was.


The fact that Schad tweeted it instead of reporting it as a newsline through ESPN should tell you just how much regard should be put into the rumor. If there was anything more than a coach at a lame duck school making suppositions about meetings he and his school are no longer involved in, ESPN would have run it as a Schad newsbite so they could be the ones to "break" the story.



Nebraska's AD doesn't have a seat in any expansion discussions, much less the coach of the team. Pellini's just making a guess, not giving any insider info.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/34578/pelini-stoops-talk-big-12-title-game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Again, an entry mixed in with six others in a blog post.



ESPN has certain standards (believe it or not) for what gets to be an article, and what they pass on. The writers can put anything in a blog or tweet, but only if ESPN passes on it first. That's why there was the big to-do when one of their writers tweeted "Lebron to Miami" hours before "The Decision."



You've now seen ESPN pass on it as anything worth putting in a newlines twice, instead relegating it to blog or twitter status. Note that Stoops--(the coach out of the two who might actually know something) was less certain than the mushroom Pelini: "Hopefully that is the case. It's hard to speculate on where things will move to and go. If there are more, that will be great. If there aren't that will be great, too," Stoops said with a laugh. "So it will pretty much be great one way or the other."



Pelini knows nothing and is just guessing.

I think you are stating the obvious. I still thought it was interesting and newsworthy and that is why I posted it. Not sure what the fuss is about. If you don't want tweets or blogs citing to coaches speculating on things material to byu I won't. I will just wait until an official article is written. Then maybe it will be worthy of this message board and we won't have to listen to you lecture us on journalistic standards that we are all already aware of.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I have no problem with people posting tweets and blog entries. Just don't get all worked up when someone points out that it might mean nothing.
J
jonnylingo
I hope your not lecturing me about that because I was never worked up. I was pointing out the speculation because it is interesting and newsworthy. I understand your need to keep everybody grounded. I know you take pride in that. Thank you.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.