Archived Topic

Freezing cold weather

by urroner · 12/3/2010

Advertisement
U
urroner
Dang, I get up this morning and it's as cold as hell outside. I'm freezing. I even had to put on a long sleeve shirt and socks on this morning as I went outside to pick a couple of oranges off my orange tree.



It's freezing cold outside. It only about 44 degrees and the high will only be in the high sixties, 67. I just might not go to work today and stay toasty in my warm 1970's waterbed.
S
Schmoe
Oh man, 44 degrees? You must be dying! Good thing you don't live out here in snow country.
B
BigCougsFan
:lol:
S
SpiffCoug
Not so tough now are ya? Serves you right after laughing at our weather last weekend during the game.
B
BYULV
Weather is about the same in Vegas today, so we aren't going to stand for it . . . Off to Hawaii.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
BOID
My wife, teen-age son and I moved to Guam last April. I have been an avid skier and skater, which I miss a little, but I do not miss all the shoveling. Right now we're on Kauai (Hawaii), visiting our daughter and recently born first grand-child. Kauai feels cold compared to Guam. 60 degree nights and sleeping with blankets. We're loving it.
I
Italics
1) Hell is not cold



2) 44 degrees would seriously feel warm to me right now. And I'm not just saying that to try and sound cool. Well, to some degree I am... but I'm trying to be informative as well



3) Okay, I really only had two things to say. But when you're listing things numerically, it looks dumb to stop at two
A
ABYUFAN
OK - you live in Florida and don't have a grapefruit tree? That bothers me!
U
urroner
ABYUFAN wrote:
OK - you live in Florida and don't have a grapefruit tree? That bothers me!


No, I don't have a grapefruit tree, but I have an orange tree which produces some of the sweetest oranges I have ever had and they make great OJ. I'll take a great orange tree over a great grapefruit tree any day.
C
CougarClaw
Provo got 6-10 inches last night. Biggest storm of the year



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
urroner wrote:
OK - you live in Florida and don't have a grapefruit tree? That bothers me!


No, I don't have a grapefruit tree, but I have an orange tree which produces some of the sweetest oranges I have ever had and they make great OJ. I'll take a great orange tree over a great grapefruit tree any day.


When I served my mission in your neck of the woods, all of the transplants would upon moving in, would plant a half dozen grapefruit trees or so. We missionaries would benefit by having a virtually unlimited supply of grapefruit in that the planters of the trees would quickly become aware that the trees produced more fruit than they wanted...
U
urroner
ABYUFAN wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:
OK - you live in Florida and don't have a grapefruit tree? That bothers me!


No, I don't have a grapefruit tree, but I have an orange tree which produces some of the sweetest oranges I have ever had and they make great OJ. I'll take a great orange tree over a great grapefruit tree any day.


When I served my mission in your neck of the woods, all of the transplants would upon moving in, would plant a half dozen grapefruit trees or so. We missionaries would benefit by having a virtually unlimited supply of grapefruit in that the planters of the trees would quickly become aware that the trees produced more fruit than they wanted...


My orange tree easily has 150 nice sized oranges on it.



Well, it use to, but my son has been picking some every night to eat and a friend of mine comes over and picks a bunch to make OJ for her and her kids.
I
Italics
Urroner can make orange juice simply by staring at the orange.



True story.
U
urroner
Italics wrote:
Urroner can make orange juice simply by staring at the orange.



True story.




I-man, please don't tell anybody about my part time job with Tropica. The feds don't know about it and it's ez bucks man, just stand there and look good.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.