Archived Topic

Chile Bowl Amendment

by YBrit · 12/3/2010

Advertisement
Y
YBrit
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_A2HZilvlYiw/TPiF9M6gQII/AAAAAAAAAK0/fkLAjcbQD00/s1600/Slide1.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">





10 minutes of waiting to start our netflix movie put to good use.
E
EM_Puma
Excuse me! Don't disparage my adopted country of Chile. You can call it the Chili bowl (after the vegatable used in Hispanic dishes or bean-based dish we eat when it's cold) or Chilly (in that's it's cold like Albuquerque in December), but CHILE is a revered country in south America.
S
Schmoe
Couldn't you also call it the Chili bowl (after the soup-like substance)?
Y
YBrit
I'm not sure why the image disappeared, but it was funny needless to say.
G
Guest
YBrit wrote:
I'm not sure why the image disappeared, but it was funny needless to say.

Looks like its still there to me.
Advertisement
M
Mingjai
CHI-CHI-CHI-LE-LE-LE-VIVA-CHILE!!!



Every time I see this thread, I keep imaging college football played on a field surrounded by a cage in an empty stadium with only a few expats looking on...
U
urroner
hawkwing wrote:
I'm not sure why the image disappeared, but it was funny needless to say.

Looks like its still there to me.


I can't see it.
U
urroner
I couldn't see it in Firefox, but I was able to see it in Explorer.
G
Guest
urroner wrote:
I couldn't see it in Firefox, but I was able to see it in Explorer.

I use Chrome and it works for me.
U
urroner
hawkwing wrote:
I couldn't see it in Firefox, but I was able to see it in Explorer.

I use Chrome and it works for me.


After seeing it on IE, when I went back to Firefox, I was able to see it there also.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
EM_Puma wrote:
Excuse me! Don't disparage my adopted country of Chile. You can call it the Chili bowl (after the vegatable used in Hispanic dishes or bean-based dish we eat when it's cold) or Chilly (in that's it's cold like Albuquerque in December), but CHILE is a revered country in south America.


Because the city of Hatch, the largest grower/producer of the veggies in America, is located in New Mexico, and they call them "chiles." Go to the grocery store and try to buy some Hatch chilis....you won't find them, they only sell Hatch Chiles.



So, if you are going to make fun of the New Mexico bowl, you might as well incorporate their spelling idiocy into the humor:



http://www.nmchili.com/images/chilerun.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://images.askmen.com/blogs/lifestyle/the-worlds-hottest-peppers-this-week-in-food.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.