Archived Topic

Stoops

by ProV1 · 12/3/2010

Advertisement
P
ProV1
Anyone watching Stoops of Arizona? He looks possessed. How could you play for a guy like that? He constantly looks like he's inches from punching someone.
B
BroncoBot
probably going to punch a few people after that PAT. Ha.



Great ending. that makes me feel better about BYU getting one blocked. At least it wasn't a PAT. ouch.
Y
YBrit
He looks like a penis.
S
SpiffCoug
YBrit wrote:
He looks like is a penis.

Fixed it. The guy has serious issues.
E
EM_Puma
I had to love the shots of him when they were called with illegal formation in the backfield and he couldn't understand what the issue was as neither did the announcers. They finally figured that the RT had lined up just a bit too far back in his stance. I don't remember seeing that called before, but Stoops had some wild expressions wondering what was going on. He popped his headphones off right away and I thought, "that's stupid, ask your people upstairs to rewind the play and see for yourself".



I did enjoy seeing ASU win though and I guess that's because I've grown to dislike Zona after we've played them 3 times in the last decade and how unwonderful many of their fans are.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
EM_Puma wrote:
I had to love the shots of him when they were called with illegal formation in the backfield and he couldn't understand what the issue was as neither did the announcers. They finally figured that the RT had lined up just a bit too far back in his stance. I don't remember seeing that called before, but Stoops had some wild expressions wondering what was going on. He popped his headphones off right away and I thought, "that's stupid, ask your people upstairs to rewind the play and see for yourself".



I did enjoy seeing ASU win though and I guess that's because I've grown to dislike Zone after we've played them 3 times in the last decade.

He probably took his headphones off because he didn't want to hear from his staff upstairs that the OLman had lined up too far off the line of scrimmage. Stoops is a bully with very little control of his emotions.
Y
Y 4 Ever
If I were forced to have a favorite team in the pathetic ten...it would be ASU, and so I'm glad they won.
B
BerliNY
ProV1 wrote:
Anyone watching Stoops of Arizona? He looks possessed. How could you play for a guy like that? He constantly looks like he's inches from punching someone.


Yeah, he was almost as bad as Erickson.
J
jvquarterback
Moved to Tucson a year ago. Stoops is nuts. But people down here will do anything for a winner (and that includes 7-5). It makes me happy to have Bronco even if he and his OC are ten times worse at play calling/clock management.



I can't stand either ASU or UA. They rob me blind with the state taxes. The least they could do is schedule BYU so I wouldn't have to travel so far to see games. The morons would have made so much more money taking BYU rather than UT in the PAC-10 and so would have had to steal less money from me to fund their lame football teams.
M
Mars
kitic77 wrote:
He looks like is a penis.
Fixed it. The guy has serious issues.

That would explain why Miami is interested in hiring him!





P.S. Does this mean either Arizona State or Washington is going to the Las Vegas bowl?
Advertisement
Y
Yndian
declocoug wrote:
Great ending. that makes me feel better about BYU getting one blocked. At least it wasn't a PAT. ouch.


And it was the same guy that blocked the PAT near the end of regulation. Ouch is right.
J
jvquarterback
Mars wrote:

P.S. Does this mean either Arizona State or Washington is going to the Las Vegas bowl?


ASU is ineligible as two of their wins are over FCS opponents.



Washington to Holiday bowl if they beat WSU (or alamo if they don't want UA there).

Rumor (on this site) is LV gets NV ore Boise.
J
jvquarterback
I'm sure the Holiday bowl is pulling for WSU, uconn and WVU. With the perfect storm they could land ND. The last thing they want is UA and Bob Stoops losing by 30 two years in a row.
Y
Yndian
Mars wrote:
P.S. Does this mean either Arizona State or Washington is going to the Las Vegas bowl?


ASU has to petition the NCAA to be bowl eligible because their 6-6 record includes two wins over FCS schools, and only one counts towards bowl eligibility. One of the FCS teams they only scheduled because a FBS team bailed on them, and it was too late to find anyone else.
F
Florwood
Mars wrote:

P.S. Does this mean either Arizona State or Washington is going to the Las Vegas bowl? [/color]


Right now, assuming UW beats WSU:



Oregon NC bowl

Stanford Rose

UW Alamo

ASU Sun

UA Holiday

Empty Las Vegas

Enpty Kraft FH



The only way the LV Bowl gets a pac 10 team is if OSU beats oregon. Then the NC bowl goes away and all the other bowls fill up. That has a nice ring to it, Utah playing UA or OSU.
Advertisement
M
Mars
jvquarterback wrote:
P.S. Does this mean either Arizona State or Washington is going to the Las Vegas bowl?
ASU is ineligible as two of their wins are over FCS opponents.

Fascinating!



I've been wondering for a long time when that would finally come back to bite a wussy team in the butt!
J
jvquarterback
Yndian wrote:
P.S. Does this mean either Arizona State or Washington is going to the Las Vegas bowl?


ASU has to petition the NCAA to be bowl eligible because their 6-6 record includes two wins over FCS schools, and only one counts towards bowl eligibility. One of the FCS teams they only scheduled because a FBS team bailed on them, and it was too late to find anyone else.


ASU had their waiver denied by the NCAA. Good thing, I didn't want them wasting any more of the taxes they steal from me subsidizing a trip to play in the LV bowl in which they would have lost a couple hundred thousand.
I
Italics
ProV1 wrote:
Anyone watching Stoops of Arizona? He looks possessed. How could you play for a guy like that? He constantly looks like he's inches from punching someone.


You just explained perfectly what Bronco looks like on the sidelines during games :lol:
M
Mars
Florwood wrote:
Stanford Rose

ASU Sun

Change Rose to Fiesta and Sun to None.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.