Archived Topic

BYU/UA on ESPN???

by gmj81 · 12/2/2010

Advertisement
G
gmj81
Just saw a commercial on ESPN for BYU basketball. At the end of it, it said "BYU vs. Arizona..." but I didn't catch the rest. I had thought this game would be on BYUTV but does anybody know if ESPN has picked it up or if that is even possible? If BYUTV can televise a neutral site game, I don't know why ESPN couldn't.
B
BerliNY
byu's and arizona's websites both show byutv as the carrier, espn doesn't say anything to indicate that they are picking it up, although I'm sure they could come in fairly late to pick it up.
G
gmj81
I'm actually really excited to see the athletic department really getting on the advertising early for the move to ESPN. I've seen over 10 commercials on ESPN since independence was announced and I usually never stay put on one channel long enough to catch any of the commercials so I'm sure there have probably been a lot more than that.
C
cougarsunited
I have not seen a commercial, does anybody have a link?
E
EM_Puma
That's interesting to think that BYUtv would advertise on ESPN for games this season. I guess that's BYU's support for people to see the channel for a missionary perspective? I don't know as it's surely not a money issue that they are trying to get their ratings up to sell advertising.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.