Archived Topic

BYU finally offers Josh Weeks from Arizona?

by BigCougsFan · 12/1/2010

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
Jay Drew's tweet,
Reliable source tells me #BYU football has offered scholarship to Show Low (Ariz.) junior receiver Josh Weeks.


WE BETTER HAVE! :angry:



http://byu.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=8&c=1&nid=5028095



I'm shocked it has taken BYU so long to offer. According to Scout.com -- he's recieved interest, but has not recieved on offer yet.



He's Arizona's second best high school reciever, too.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/987590.html
B
BerliNY
Word. I can't believe it's taken so long. Due diligence I suppose. It sounds like the kid has a good head on his shoulders. My mouth is watering at the prospect of having Weeks, Apo, and Hoffman, catching passes from a junior-year Heaps. I would hate to be DB trying to defend that combination, especially if we can get some good productivity from our tight-ends.
C
crh55
BigCougsFan wrote:
Jay Drew's tweet,
Reliable source tells me #BYU football has offered scholarship to Show Low (Ariz.) junior receiver Josh Weeks.


WE BETTER HAVE! :angry:



http://byu.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=8&c=1&nid=5028095



I'm shocked it has taken BYU so long to offer. According to Scout.com -- he's recieved interest, but has not recieved on offer yet.



He's Arizona's second best high school reciever, too.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/987590.html




Didn't we give him his 1st offer? Sounds like it didn't take us too long since we are the first one's to the table.
R
redneckjedi
BerliNY wrote:
Word. I can't believe it's taken so long. Due diligence I suppose. It sounds like the kid has a good head on his shoulders. My mouth is watering at the prospect of having Weeks, Apo, and Hoffman, catching passes from a junior-year Heaps. I would hate to be DB trying to defend that combination, especially if we can get some good productivity from our tight-ends.


Tight ends? If you've got 3 receivers at 6'4" in the formation at once, do you even need a tight end? Imagine a 3-wide set with those three, and backs like Philips and Quezada, who you can either motion out wide or run a wheel route with. That's 5 guys who are a threat to get open anywhere on the field, and a QB that can get it to them anywhere on the field. I would not want to have to defend that at all. If I drop 8, Heaps has all day and someone gets open eventually - or he audibles into a run and picks up 5 yards. If I don't, it's a short pass to the hot read over and over and over again and my defense doesn't get time to breathe. Of course, having the even bigger bodies of the TEs that we have is just that much sweeter - and they'll be ready next year. We saw their production increase towards the end of the season.



I can't wait to see this newly matured team next year. It's gonna be sick!
L
Lawboy
I suppose we are late on this one when you consider that we have already offered Davonte Neal out of Arizona, and he is in the same class, and Davonte is considered one of the top WR recruits in the nation. He currently has us as Medium on scout. His offer list is really impressive. Weeks is #2 in that class in Arizona, so is really solid as well.



http://oregonstate.scout.com/a.z?s=182&p=9&c=2&cid=968609&nid=4010767&fhn=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Weeks is LDS. Neal is not. So I like our chances with Weeks much better. Neal sounds like a USC guy, or ASU.
Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
From what I have heard... Weeks likes BYU too.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
Lawboy wrote:
Weeks is LDS. Neal is not. So I like our chances with Weeks much better. Neal sounds like a USC guy, or ASU.

Or LSU. Or Arizona. Or Arkansas...
B
byucougar1
Not only was the BYU offer the first one that Josh Weeks received, it was from the school he likes best. We are definitely in strong contention to land him considering that mindset and the fact that he will be receiving passes from Heaps.
B
BerliNY
byucougar1 wrote:
Not only was the BYU offer the first one that Josh Weeks received, it was from the school he likes best. We are definitely in strong contention to land him considering that mindset and the fact that he will be receiving passes from Heaps.


IIRC his parents are both Y alums too.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.