Archived Topic

What's your best guess?

by AmmonCougar1 · 11/30/2010

Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
I know this is similar to the other poll question I posted but I hope people will make their most educated guess and we'll see who is really 'in the know' and/or "living right" ;) by who gets closest. I've seem most things leaning toward New Mexico Bowl vs Fresno State or possibly Nevada (interesting rematch that would be). I also saw a few things suggesting BYU gets Army in the Armed Forces Bowl. My best guess (no "in the know" here whatsoever) is New Mexico against Nevada seeing how Fresno has been there the past couple years and it would provide an interesting OCC rematch of a game that may be quite different the second time around.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
B
byutx
NM vs. Fresno is all but guaranteed. Crap.
G
Guest
I'm voting my wish rather than my belief.
B
Brayden Green
new mexico - vs FSU.



Bummer, but we should roll them hard, and that will be good for going into the offseason.
M
MJCOUGAR
All but guranteed we'll get Fresno in New Mexico. Not a great bowl but we don't need great bowl this year. We need a bowl, period and thats what were gonna get.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I hope Bronco has started practices since he has very little time as the NM Bowl is the first of the bowl season. The only attractive feature of the bowl is that it is not up against any other and give the teams a chance to be spot-lighted as people are not yet sick of watching 60-some bowl games.
C
Cougs_Rule
EM_Puma wrote:
I hope Bronco has started practices since he has very little time as the NM Bowl is the first of the bowl season. The only attractive feature of the bowl is that it is not up against any other and give the teams a chance to be spot-lighted as people are not yet sick of watching 60-some bowl games.


Good point. A good time to keep momentum going and not take a break and then try to re-saddle. And the players get home for Chirstmas.
A
ABYUFAN
I may be the only guy looking forward to this potential bowl game. Our ward is about half Fresno State fans. We've got a hundred bucks or so left in the Elders Quorum budget. We've got the E.Q. president talked in to the idea of having a bowl game party at someone's house for this game. Tell me this won't be the best Elders Quorum party seen in a long time.... :)
G
Guest
dmcougar wrote:
I hope Bronco has started practices since he has very little time as the NM Bowl is the first of the bowl season. The only attractive feature of the bowl is that it is not up against any other and give the teams a chance to be spot-lighted as people are not yet sick of watching 60-some bowl games.


Good point. A good time to keep momentum going and not take a break and then try to re-saddle. And the players get home for Chirstmas.


Can they practice before they've accepted a bowl invitation? The NCAA has very strict rules on the number of hours and times when you can practice, and if you're not invited to a bowl, you can't practice at all.
A
ABYUFAN
hawkwing wrote:
EM_Puma wrote:
I hope Bronco has started practices since he has very little time as the NM Bowl is the first of the bowl season. The only attractive feature of the bowl is that it is not up against any other and give the teams a chance to be spot-lighted as people are not yet sick of watching 60-some bowl games.


Good point. A good time to keep momentum going and not take a break and then try to re-saddle. And the players get home for Chirstmas.


Can they practice before they've accepted a bowl invitation? The NCAA has very strict rules on the number of hours and times when you can practice, and if you're not invited to a bowl, you can't practice at all.

I'm wondering this exact question as well, it'd suck to miss a whole week of potential practices waiting for a bowl invite...
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
ABYUFAN wrote:
I may be the only guy looking forward to this potential bowl game. Our ward is about half Fresno State fans. We've got a hundred bucks or so left in the Elders Quorum budget. We've got the E.Q. president talked in to the idea of having a bowl game party at someone's house for this game. Tell me this won't be the best Elders Quorum party seen in a long time.... :)


We had a High Priest party for the bowl game last year. I live in Oregon, so half the group was wearing Orange. A very satisfying party for those of us wearing blue.



I am guessing the LV bowl against Notre Dame. Just a guess
V
vancouvercougar
[quote="hawkwing

Can they practice before they've accepted a bowl invitation? The NCAA has very strict rules on the number of hours and times when you can practice, and if you're not invited to a bowl, you can't practice at all.[/quote]



They probably can't practice, but they can't stop Bronco & company from watching a lot of film.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.