Archived Topic

Which Bowl Game? vs Who? & Why?

by AmmonCougar1 · 11/30/2010

Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
If you had all power and were given the choice to assign BYU a bowl game and an opponent, where, who and why? I'll chime in later on.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
B
byutx
Armed Forces Bowl because I live in Dallas.

Other choice would be Indipendence Bowl because it's the highest payout and would feature an ACC opponent, likely Clemson.
L
Lawboy
If I could pick any game, it would be BCS nationa title game vs. Oregon.



Of the choices listed, it will be New Mexico Bowl vs. Fresno State. I hope we roll those hyennas.
G
Guest
Las Vegas Bowl, so I could go.
F
Florwood
Fresno, if they beat Ill Saturday, would be 8-4 and a respectable opponent. Or I'd also enjoy a rematch against Nevada...
Advertisement
M
MJCOUGAR
Independence - so we can declare our independence.
J
jonnylingo
I want revenge. nevada in the new mexico bowl.
S
SpiffCoug
I wouldn't be surprised if the Vegas Bowl looks to renegotiate their contact with the "MWC" now that BYU, Utah and TCU are gone. I could see them looking to become the de facto "BYU" bowl game, where we have a pretty automatic bid anytime we want.
Y
YBrit
Armed Forces so I could be in the country and be at the game. Also, BYU needs an Indy bowl for next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Vegas bowl become that spot. Where they take either BYU (if BYU wants) or the 1st place mwc team :) :)



Play against Army or Nevada. Either way BYU gets a better opponent than utah in a bowl game for the 4th time out of the last 6 bowls.
W
Wickchad
Las Vegas Bowl because it is within driving distance.



Washington State beats Washington to make it so that the Pac 10 doesn't have enough eligible teams to send one to Vegas. Champ Sports Bowl passes on Notre Dame. Vegas Bowl takes Notre Dame vs BYU to avoid a rematch with Utah. 10-2 Utah ends up in the New Mexico Bowl. That would be awesome!
Advertisement
K
KRob
I want a rematch with Utah in the Las Vegas Bowl.
B
BigCougsFan
KRob wrote:
I want a rematch with Utah in the Las Vegas Bowl.


Gordon Monson said this on the radio yesterday, and I hadn't thought of something like this until then. I kinda think it would be cool to do.
B
BYULV
BigCougsFan wrote:
I want a rematch with Utah in the Las Vegas Bowl.


Gordon Monson said this on the radio yesterday, and I hadn't thought of something like this until then. I kinda think it would be cool to do.


I would go for that, and go to that. Would be a big draw.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
loonmj
KRob wrote:
I want a rematch with Utah in the Las Vegas Bowl.


I guarantee Utah doesn't.
I
Italics
LVB. It's our bowl. It awards us the "MWC #1" title even though we finished 3rd in the conference. Also it'd serve as a middle finger to the rest of the conference, "We have an awful season and STILL get selected over you"
Advertisement
1
1967cougar
Poinsetta. Nothing like San Diego in mid-December.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.