Archived Topic

Saturday was definitely NOT the end of the rivalry

by Y12 · 11/29/2010

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Only the 2011 and 2012 games have been set. Still a chance for the game to be played November after that. Probably not last week, but in the month. I;d setle for November.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Lawboy wrote:
Only the 2011 and 2012 games have been set. Still a chance for the game to be played November after that. Probably not last week, but in the month. I;d setle for November.


I don't see why CU and :utard: can't play in September, and then BYU plays :utard: last week of the year, and CU plays CSU that same week. Both of these games would be more meaningful than a :utard: /CU game. I get that the pac-zip is trying to create that "rivalry", but they'll figure out soon enough that its not going to happen.
J
jonnylingo
Lawboy wrote:
Only the 2011 and 2012 games have been set. Still a chance for the game to be played November after that. Probably not last week, but in the month. I;d setle for November.


Its also possible after we spank them two years in a row and they lose a whole bunch in the pac12 that they just scrap the rivalry game all together.
B
BroncoBot
jonnylingo wrote:
Only the 2011 and 2012 games have been set. Still a chance for the game to be played November after that. Probably not last week, but in the month. I;d setle for November.


Its also possible after we spank them two years in a row and they lose a whole bunch in the pac12 that they just scrap the rivalry game all together.

If that scenario comes about, I doubt that utah scraps the rivalry. When, not if, Utah starts losing to a bunch of pac-10 teams, BYU will continue to be the game that pulls the bandwagon into rice chex.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
The more I think about it, the more I think that if the :utard: game can't be played in November, then don't schedule it at all. There are plenty of other teams we can play in September - teams with much better appeal (and much better fans) than the :utard: . Put the onus on Hill - schedule last week of the year, or you won't have us on your schedule at all.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.