Archived Topic

Link to Bronco's post game interview

by CannonCougar85 · 11/29/2010

Advertisement
C
CannonCougar85
http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/af7df68e-b53c-4354-ae2a-bf4974831aa9/Sports/RAW-VIDEO-BYU-post-game-interview



Here's what Jay Drew said about the interview:
Bronco was far enough under the overhang that he didn't get hit with the ice, snow, etc. Just the people trying to interview him got soaked.

During Bronco's interview, fans were yelling things like F-BYU, religious slurs, homophobic slurs, etc. Ugly scene, embarrasing for U.

Utah A.D. Chris Hill watched at least part of the crowd-taunting-Bronco deal, and a woman with him (wife?) said, "they shouldn't do that."

http://twitter.com/drewjay



Bronco's last words for his interview was "Enjoy the Crowd." Ha ha nice.
S
SpiffCoug
That situation is solved by one of two ways:

1) Media aren't allowed to talk to players and coaches immediately following the game on the field. Do it like basketball. There is a 10-minute waiting period and the interviews are conducted in the press room. The Collie and Hall comments were immediately following the game on the field. I wonder if they say the same things if their emotions have cooled a bit.



2) Have more and better security controlling fan behavior.
C
CannonCougar85
kitic77 wrote:
That situation is solved by one of two ways:

1) Media aren't allowed to talk to players and coaches immediately following the game on the field. Do it like basketball. There is a 10-minute waiting period and the interviews are conducted in the press room. The Collie and Hall comments were immediately following the game on the field. I wonder if they say the same things if their emotions have cooled a bit.



2) Have more and better security controlling fan behavior.


I think you are right. A little delay between the heat of battle on the field and the interview should let people settle and cool off a little bit.



But in regards to the interview at least there is video evidence of crap like this happening.
L
Lawboy
Hall's comments were not on the field. They were in the media room after the team met. So that is not true with his comments.



Some Ute fans are a classy bunch though. Having said that, I was at the game and had some playful banter with Ute fans around me. They were all good natured, not vulgar, and just rooting for their team.
S
SpiffCoug
Lawboy wrote:
Hall's comments were not on the field. They were in the media room after the team met. So that is not true with his comments.



Some Ute fans are a classy bunch though. Having said that, I was at the game and had some playful banter with Ute fans around me. They were all good natured, not vulgar, and just rooting for their team.

I'm pretty sure Max also said something similar on the field immediately following the game to PK. But I think you're right, I now recall him sitting there still in pads with the BYU banner screen behind him.



Maybe they should let players shower, change and then come out?
Advertisement
I
Italics
How Yewt fans can disrespect Bronco is beyond me. I don't care what team the guy coaches, he's a great person and that is obvious as can be. I guess Yewts just don't care.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.