Archived Topic

Does anyone have the still shot of Bradley's knee down?

by Dwight · 11/28/2010

Advertisement
D
Dwight
The Mountain (believe it or not) actually showed the still shot of Bradley holding the ball with his knee down.



I don't want to dwell too much on it, and I do think the Cougars had several opportunities to stop the misadventure that was the 4th quarter. However, I don't think this is a victory for the Utes to bragg about, and I would like the hard evidence to stop the razzing that I am being subjected to.



I am excited for next year. I've got a feeling in my gut that this team will be hitting on all cylinders next year with fire in the belly.



Any word on Apo's finger or on Reynolds returning? Who will replace Rich?
S
SpiffCoug
Here.
H
hypercoug
http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad217/dbr8dbr8/bradley2.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad217/dbr8dbr8/bradley1.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Yep, no indisputable video evidence there! It was a clear and blatant fumble. Easy call for the replay official.

















Or not.
M
mizzoucoug
Pac-10-esque cheating. I guess the U is officially ready to play in their new conference!
Advertisement
I
Isola
The game is done, and we lost, and we could have won it with other plays (convert 4th down, make the field goal...) but these sort of bad calls are so agrivating. In real time I thought it was a fumble, and after the first angle I thought he lost it, but then the other angles made it obvious he was down first.



I don't mind losing a game in part because of a bad call, but when you can replay it over and over and still get it wrong...come on. The SDSU fumble was probably a bad call but the whistle may have blown before possession was established. In this case, there is no excuse. Get it right, or don't bother with the replays.
B
BerliNY
Meh. We had a chance to win the game. All we had to do was keep a few special-teams defenders out of the backfield long enough to kick a very makeable FG, we didn't, we lost, game over. We can take a lot of positives from the game, we don't need to pull an SDSU on this one.
B
BroncoBot
BerliNY wrote:
Meh. We had a chance to win the game. All we had to do was keep a few special-teams defenders out of the backfield long enough to kick a very makeable FG, we didn't, we lost, game over. We can take a lot of positives from the game, we don't need to pull an SDSU on this one.

I do totally agree that as fans we should just move on. But in order to keep the integrity of sports at a high level, something this egregious has to have a penalty, the replay officials/refs/whoever was in charge of making that call should be fined/suspended. They are getting paid to make the right, honest call and it wasn't made. If we don't hear anything about any punishment, it's going to look even more suspicious.
S
SpiffCoug
declocoug wrote:
Meh. We had a chance to win the game. All we had to do was keep a few special-teams defenders out of the backfield long enough to kick a very makeable FG, we didn't, we lost, game over. We can take a lot of positives from the game, we don't need to pull an SDSU on this one.

I do totally agree that as fans we should just move on. But in order to keep the integrity of sports at a high level, something this egregious has to have a penalty, the replay officials/refs/whoever was in charge of making that call should be fined/suspended. They are getting paid to make the right, honest call and it wasn't made. If we don't hear anything about any punishment, it's going to look even more suspicious.

Agreed with both Declo and Berlin.



BYU needed one play to go their way, the FG at the end, to win the game. If that play doesn't happen, which it didn't, BYU loses.



Utah needed about six plays to go their wasy. If one of those doesn't happen, they lose. They were very lucky that every play went their way.



Plays the Utes needed to go their way:

- Hoffman dropping the 4&1 pass

- Peterson not knowing a shanked punt would hit him from behind as he's running away from the punt

- Ashworth dropping a pass down the sideline (albeit a tough catch) prior to the fumble

- Heaps, Quezada and Kariya colliding in the backfield and fumbling

- A cheat in the replay booth not overturning an obvious non-fumble

- The pass batted away by Logan bounces into the receiver instead of away from them (although I'm confident the exact same play would have been offensive PI on Ashworth, Hoffman or Jacobson)
J
jonnylingo
utes are the luckiets team in college football. i am moving on but that ridiculous call makes it harder to do because had it been right we probably don't lose.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.